Help educate tomorrow’s workforce
The College of Science and Engineering is committed to educating the next generation of scientists and engineers needed by employers and our society. Our hope is that the new generation will revitalize the 21st century economy with new discoveries, industries, and job opportunities. With your support, we can build bridges from our current successes to tomorrow's solutions.
- Dramatic increases in the number and quality of applicants, leading to a freshman class with ACT scores exceeding national trends and 95 percent finishing in the top quarter of their high school class
- The launch of First Year Experience (FYE), a program piloted with 3M support, which connects all freshmen to opportunities inside and outside the classroom to tie learning to the student's future success
- New global learning opportunities so more students can experience working and communicating across cultures.
- Effective collaboration in team competitions against other universities, such as a recent first place in engineering in the Solar Decathlon solar house competition and a first place award in the electrical excellence category in the American Solar Challenge solar car race
- Graduating undergraduates prepared for the workplace through world-class academics, experiential learning, internships, and industry mentors
- Increasing the number of graduates by 30 percent within five years
- Attracting top students and making it possible for them to complete their degrees in a timely fashion
- Involving more students in learning beyond the classroom
Bridges to tomorrow