Distinguished Women Scientists and Engineers Speakers Program
Initiated in 2002, this lecture series creates greater visibility for distinguished women in their respective fields. In bringing these accomplished professionals to campus-each woman an outstanding example of achievement and success in science and engineering-the program offers encouragement to our female students, postdoctoral associates, and faculty.
|Speaker ||Event Details |
- Professor Lisa Tauxe
- UC San Diego
- Thursday, May 2, 2013
- 3:30 p.m., Pillsbury Hall, Room 110
- Professor Paula T. Hammond
- Thursday, March 28, 2013
- 9:45 a.m., Smith Hall, Room 331
- Associate Professor Anna Mazzucato
- Penn State
- "Incompressible Fluid Flows at High Reynolds Numbers"
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- 3:10 p.m. Tea, Math Commons Room
3:35 p.m. Colloquium, Vincent Hall, Room 16
- Cindy L. Hasselbring
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow, NSF, Arlington, VA
- "The Role of Undergraduate Education in the Future of STEM"
- Friday, Feb. 22, 2013
- 2:30 p.m., Murphy Hall, Room 130
- Professor Lori A. Clarke
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- "Using Process Modeling and Analysis Techniques to Reduce Errors in Health Care"
- Monday, Dec. 3, 2012
- 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Keller Hall, Room 3-125