COVID-19 information and updates
Spring 2021 access update:
The Anderson Design Lab (ME 2-134) is available by appointment Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Walk in appointments are allowed if there's room. If you show up without an appointment and the lab is full, you will be asked to wait in the hall.
Note: The information on this page applies to the Anderson Design Lab. See COVID-19 updates for the Polaris Student Machine Shop.
Lab resources available by appointment only:
Workbenches and hand tools
Available as a service:
All lab users must follow these guidelines to decrease the chance of spreading COVID-19 to others:
- Don't come to the lab if you have a fever or you're experiencing any other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Use the links below to make an appointment before your visit.
- Wear a face mask.
- Sign in with your U Card.
- Check in with a student worker at the front desk when you arrive.
- Wash your hands after checking in.
- Disinfect equipment before and after using it.
- Follow all other normal lab rules (wear appropriate PPE, wear closed toe shoes, only use equipment you've been trained to use, etc.).
24/7 access is not available, so please plan ahead to use the equipment during the normal open hours.
Sign up to use lab equipment
Use the links below to sign up for times to use lab equipment:
- LulzBot 3D Printers: Submit .gcode files using the 3D Print Submission Form. Due to high demand, these printers will operate as a service until further notice. Download Cura LulzBot Edition and follow our tutorial to make a .gcode file. If you want to print using your own material, you will receive an email when a printer is available for you to use.
- Design Lab: Reserve a time to use the equipment in the Anderson Student Design Lab (ME 2-134) including:
- Laser cutters
- Electronics room
- Hand tools
- Metal Shop, Wood Shop, and Load Frame - Please call us at 612-624-4681 if you're interested in using this equipment.
- High Quality 3D Printers - Submit your files for 3D printing. See the instructions on the form for more details.