Judy Q. Yang
Judy Q. YangAssistant Professor, Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Caltech Young Investigator Lecturer in Engineering and Applied Science, 2018
- MIT Trond Kaalstad Fellowship (leadership award), 2017
- MIT Graduate Woman of Excellence, 2017
- MIT Graduate School Leadership Institute Fellowship, 2017
- Martin Sustainable Fellowship, 2016
- MIT Presidential Fellowship (2%), 2013
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Summer Student Fellowship, 2012
- 1st Prize, 5th National Undergraduate Mechanical Innovational Design Competition, 2012
- National Scholarship (1/87), 2011
J. Q. Yang, J. Sanfilippo, N. Abbasi, Z. Gitai, B. Bassler, and H. Stone, “ Evidence for biosurfactant induced flow in corners and bacterial spreading in unsaturated porous media.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 118, e2111060118. (2021)
J. Yang and H. Nepf, “Impact of vegetation on bed load transport rate and bedform characteristics,” Water Resources Research 55, 6109-6124 (2019).
J. Yang and H. Nepf, “A turbulence–based bed–load transport model for bare and vegetated channels,” Geophysical Research Letters 45, 10,428–10, 436 (2018).
*AGU EOS Research Spotlight: New Study Shifts Paradigm of Coastal Sediment Modeling.
J. Yang, H. Chung, and H. Nepf, “The onset of sediment transport in vegetated channels predicted by turbulent kinetic energy,” Geophysical Research Letters 43, 11,261–11, 268 (2016).
J. Yang, F. Kerger, and H. Nepf, “Estimation of the bed shear stress in vegetated and bare channels,” Water Resources Research 51, 3647–3663 (2015).
*MIT News and Phys.org highlights: Predicting sediment flow in coastal vegetation