Seema ThakralCommunications Director, Scientist
- Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences), Masters in Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics), Bachelor in Pharmacy, Delhi University, India
- Thakral S*, Kim K, 2020. Small-angle scattering for characterization of pharmaceutical materials. Trends in Analytical Chemistry. Accepted for publication.
- Bermel EA, Thakral S, Claeson AA, Ellingson AM, Barocas VH, 2020. Asymmetric in-plane shear behavior of isolated cadaveric lumbar facet capsular ligaments: Implications for subject specific biomechanical models. Journal of Biomechanics. 2020, 105, 109814.
- Thakral S, Sonje J, Suryanarayanan R, 2020. Anomalous behavior of mannitol hemihydrate: Implications on sucrose crystallization in colyophilized systems. International Journal of Pharmaceutics 587, 119629.
- Sonje J, Thakral S, Suryanarayanan R, 2020. t-Butanol enables dual functionality of mannitol: a cryoprotectant in frozen systems and bulking agent in freeze-dried formulations. Molecular Pharmaceutics 17 (8), 3075-3086.
- Kaur N, Duggirala NK, Thakral S, Suryanarayanan R, 2020. Role of lattice disorder in water-mediated dissociation of pharmaceutical cocrystal systems. Molecular Pharmaceutics 16 (7), 3167-3177.
- Thakral S*, Garcia-Barriocanal J, Thakral NK. 2019. Effect of processing conditions and excipients on dehydration kinetics of sodium naproxen hydrate in formulation. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 557, 221-228.
- Thakral NK. Thakral S, Stephenson GA, Sedlock R, Suryanarayanan, R. 2019. Compression induced polymorphic transformation in tablets: Role of shear stress and development of mitigation strategies. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 108, 476-484.
- Thakral NK, Zanon RL, Kelly RC, Thakral S*. 2018. Applications of powder X-ray diffraction in small molecule pharmaceuticals: achievements and aspirations. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, available online. Selected as Feature article for virtual issue and regarded as “particularly original and significant”.
- Wolf A, Thakral S, Beilman GJ, Suryanarayananan R. 2018. Evaluation of novel formulations of d-β-hydroxybutyrate and melatonin in a rat model of hemorrhagic shock. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 548, 104.
- Thakral S, Koranne S, Suryanarayanan R. 2018. Intra-vial heterogeneity in physical form of mannitol in colyophilized binary systems. Pharmaceutical Research, 35, 214.
- Koranne S, Thakral S, Suryanarayanan R. 2018. Effect of formulation and process parameters on the disproportionation of indomethacin sodium in lyophilized formulations. Pharmaceutical Research, 35, 21.
- Thakral S, Thakral NK, Suryanarayanan R. 2018. Estimation of drug particle size in intact tablet by two-dimensional X-ray diffractometry. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 107 (1), 231-238.
- Thakral S, Wolf A, Beilman GJ, Suryanarayananan R. 2017. Development and in vivo evaluation of a novel lyophilized formulation for the treatment of hemorrhagic shock. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 537, 162-171.
- Thakral S, Terban MW, Thakral NK, Suryanarayanan R. 2016. Recent advances in the characterization of amorphous pharmaceuticals by X-ray diffractometry. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 100, 183-93.
- Thakral S, Suryanarayanan R. 2015. Salt formation during freeze-drying - an approach to enhance indomethacin dissolution. Pharmaceutical Research 32, 3722-31.
- Bansal K, Baghel US, Thakral S*. 2015. Construction and Validation of Binary Phase Diagram for Amorphous Solid Dispersion Using Flory-Huggins Theory. AAPS PharmSciTech 1-10.
- Thakral S*. 2014. Study of moisture sorption behavior of urea inclusion compounds with aliphatic guests and with linear polymers. Journal of Physical Organic Chemistry 27, 76-86.
- Thakral S, Thakral NK, Majumdar DK. 2013. Eudragit: A technology evaluation. Expert Opinion in Drug Delivery 10, 131-49.
- Thakral S*, Thakral NK. 2013. Prediction of drug-polymer miscibility through the use of solubility parameter based Flory-Huggins interaction parameter and the experimental validation: PEG as model polymer. Journal of Pharmaceutical Science 102, 2254-63.
- Arora KD, Thakral S, Suryanarayanan R. 2013. Instability in theophylline and carbamazepine hydrate tablets: Cocrystal formation due to release of lattice water. Pharmaceutical Research 30, 1779-89.
- Thakral S, Madan AK. 2008. Reduction in moisture sensitivity/ uptake of moisture sensitive drugs through adduction in urea. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation 3, 249-57.
- Thakral S, Madan AK. 2008. Urea co-inclusion compounds of 13-cis retinoic acid for simultaneous improvement of dissolution profile, photostability and safe handling characteristics. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 60, 823 900.
- Thakral S, Madan AK. 2008. Adduction of amiloride hydrochloride in urea through a modified technique for the dissolution enhancement. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 97, 1191-202.
- Thakral S, Madan AK. 2007. Urea inclusion compounds of enalapril maleate for improvement of pharmaceutical characteristics. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 59, 1501-7.
- Thakral S*, Mehta RM. 2006. Fullerenes: An introduction and overview of their biological properties. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 68, 13-9.
- Mendiratta S, Madan AK. 1994. Structure activity study on antiviral 5- vinyl pyrimidine nucleoside analogs using Wiener topological index. Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences 34, 867-71.
- Thakral S, Govindrajan R, Suryanarayanan R, 2018. Processing-induced phase transformations and their implications on pharmaceutical product quality. In Polymorphism in the Pharmaceutical Industry: Solid Form and Drug Development, Edition 2. Hilfiker R, von Raumer M, Wiley-VCH.
- Thakral S*, Thakral NK, 2012. Potential medical applications of Fullerenes: An overview. In Bionanotechnology: A Revolution in Biomedical Sciences & Human Health. Bagchi D, Moriyama H, John Wiley & Sons, Chapter 24.
- Thakral S, Madan AK, 2009. Urea as an adductor for branched drug molecules. In Macrocyclic Chemistry: New Research Developments. Fitzpatrick DW, Ulrich HJ, Nova Science Publishers. ISSN # 978-1-61209-255-3. Chapter 18.