On-campus interviews will be conducted virtually for fall semester 2020. Employers still have the option to utilize Handshake to create a preselect schedule. Employers are asked to provide their own virtual platform for interviews.
What employers need to know
Benefits of on-campus interviews:
- Free and convenient
- Access to the CSE Career Center and Employer Relations staff for guidance and support
- Streamlined recruiting efforts
- Ability to interview multiple candidates in one day
- Increased name recognition with students
On-campus interviews are a good strategy when:
- You have the ability to plan ahead and reserve interview rooms early
- The interviews coincide with periods of increased student activity, primarily in early fall and early spring
- Interviews are held in conjunction with other events such as an information session, career fair, or student organization visit
- Your company is located out of state and you would like to interview a number of candidates while you are in the area
Scheduling on-campus interviews:
- Visit Handshake, the University of Minnesota's recruiting database, to schedule on-campus interviews.
- Select “Request an Interview” on the home screen and fill out your request.
- Choose between a room-only or preselect schedule.
- Interviews are conducted primarily during the fall and spring semesters.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis, and fill very quickly on dates following career fairs. Make arrangements early to ensure availability of dates.
On-campus interview process:
Typically, four weeks are required to complete the full on-campus interview process.
Advertising the position: Two weeks
- Students have an opportunity to view the position, create or update resumes, and apply for the job.
Selection and sign-up: Two weeks
- Employers select applicants, students sign up online for available interview times, and the CSE Career Center prepares employer resume packets and folders.