Celebrate Tech Fest 2010 at The Works
The Institute of Technology Alumni Society invites alumni, faculty, and staff to Tech Fest 2010, a special event for the entire family.
Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010
9 a.m.-5 p.m.
The Works museum
3rd floor, Edina Community Center
5701 Normandale Road, Edina
This free event features dozens of amazing exhibits, shows, demonstrations, and hands-on activities about engineering. The event includes free admission to The Works hands-on museum.
At Tech Fest you can:
- Build a bridge out of candy.
- Stick your hands into goopy slime
- Watch an incredible Chemistry Show from the University of Minnesota Department of Chemistry.
- Control the traffic using a video game.
- Launch a rocket.
- Explore the skies with a show from the Minnesota Planetarium.
- Construct a car out of household supplies.
- See unique robots doing amazing things.
- Have fun while exploring the world around us!
Get your photo taken with Goldy Gopher who is scheduled to make a special appearance during the event.
Tech Fest is a cooperative effort of The Works and the Institute of Technology Alumni Society with sponsorship from Alliant Techsystems and the University of Minnesota Center for Transportation Studies with additional support from General Mills, the Society of Women Engineers, and the Minnesota Federation of Engineering, Science and Technology Societies.
February 10, 2010