Keller Hall Building Power Outage for Electrical Maintenance
Monday, March 7, 2022 3:00 p.m. - Tuesday, March 8, 2022 12:00 p.m.
Facilities Management will be performing regular preventive maintenance on the electrical systems in Keller Hall that will require a complete power outage to the building. Keller Hall will be without power completely, including lighting, at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, March 7. In order to get all equipment safely shut down, CSE-IT will begin shutting down servers, and networking equipment at 12:00 p.m.
- Keller Hall users are encouraged to safely power off their on-campus workstations by that time as well to ensure work is saved.
- If you are remotely connected to CSE-IT machines or servers, save your work and log out.
The outage will affect all IT services that depend upon the data center in Keller Hall. This includes all Linux logins, VOLE, CSE-IT hosted storage, and CSE-IT hosted software.
CSE-IT plans to have all essential services running by 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 8. If you have a service that is not available by 12:00 p.m. please contact the CSE Help Desk.
The following CSE-IT services will not be available during the outage:
- CSE Labs desktops, remote pools, or printing
- CSE-hosted software
- All Linux desktop services
- NFS, samba, and CIFS mapped storage
- CSE-IT managed network connections
- Personal and project websites
- Course websites
- Personal websites
The following services will not be affected by the outage:
- Files.umn.edu storage
- Eduroam internet connections
- Email access
- Google Drive access
If you have a service that is not available by 12:00 p.m. or would like assistance powering off or on your campus workstation, please contact the CSE Help Desk.