Research Lab and Instrument Host Support
Provides hardware and software support to accommodate research desktops and scientific instrument hosts that require IT technical assistance.
- Operating system deployment for Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu computers using University-standard software and tools.
- Hardware support for University-standard vendors such as Dell and Apple.
- Software support
- Installation and patching of research-related software.
- Assisting instrument vendors and research personnel to install instrument-specific software.
- Full support for managed hosts, per CSE platform-specific policies.
- Automatic patching of OS and common applications.
- Support and security for obsolete operating system exceptions, including exploration of upgrade or remediation with vendors.
- Home directory allocation and support on systems that are not in Active Directory.
What's Not Included
- Support of administrative desktops or laptops is available via our Supplemental Support: Computer and Device Support service.