MATLAB is a high-level language and interactive environment that enables you to perform computationally intensive tasks faster than with traditional programming languages such as C, C++, and Fortran.
CSE holds a paid license with the Office of Information Technology (OIT). Students, staff, and faculty may install Matlab on more than one computer or device as long as they are the only Matlab users of each device. MATLAB may be installed to run standalone or online, and additionally for University-owned computers, as a concurrent license using a license server.
With the 2021 renewal ALL Matlab toolboxes are included. View available MATLAB Products.
|Student For installation on a student’s personal device.||University-funded: No charge for CSE students.|
|Student For Installation on a University-owned device.||Not available.|
|Graduate student For installation on a University-owned device provisioned for work or research.||University-funded: No charge for CSE students.|
|Employee For installation on an employee’s personal device.||University-funded: No charge for CSE employees.|
|Employee For installation on an employee's University-owned device.||University-funded: No charge for CSE employees.|
Student: includes undergraduate and graduate students unless stated otherwise.
Employee: includes faculty and staff unless stated otherwise.
- Create a CSE Labs account if you do not have one.
- Visit the CSE Matlab Download page.
- Login with your University Internet Account, if prompted.
- Click the MATLAB Portal to download link.
- Follow instructions in the MathWorks Quick Start Guide (PDF).
Additional Download and Install Resources
Following the Download Instructions (steps 1 to 4) will take you to the MATLAB Portal which provides more than just a download link. Matlab Portal is your one stop shop for Matlab that provides:
- Matlab download and installation information
- access to Matlab Online—a version of Matlab that can be accessed from a web browser
- access to all Matlab toolboxes
- interactive tutorials and example Matlab usage
- online courses on advanced topics such as robotics, artificial intelligence and more
- teaching resources on incorporating Matlab into the classroom
- teaching materials and exercises that can be incorporated into courses
- and more…!
Terms and Conditions
OIT’s General Technology Products Terms & Conditions apply to this software license.