The College of Science and Engineering offers a variety of VMware products for students, staff, and faculty to use. The following VMware software are available:
- VMware Fusion Pro and VMware Fusion Player Desktop Hypervisors give Mac users the power to run Windows on Mac along with hundreds of other operating systems, containers or Kubernetes clusters, side by side with Mac applications, without rebooting.
- vCenter Server is advanced server management software that provides a centralized platform for controlling your VMware vSphere environments, allowing you to automate and deliver a virtual infrastructure across the hybrid cloud with confidence.
- VMware vRealize Suite is a cloud management solution. It integrates VMware products that together provide automation, operations, log analytics, and lifecycle management on-premises.
- VMware Workstation Player allows you to run a second, isolated operating system on a single PC.
- VMware Workstation Pro is the industry standard for running multiple operating systems as virtual machines (VMs) on a single Linux or Windows PC.
- vSAN is enterprise-class, storage virtualization software that, when combined with vSphere, allows you to manage compute and storage with a single platform.
- vSphere is the industry-leading compute virtualization platform, and your first step to application modernization. It has been rearchitected with native Kubernetes to allow customers to modernize the 70 million+ workloads now running on vSphere.
|Student For installation on a student’s personal device.||University-funded: No charge for CSE students.|
|Student For Installation on a University-owned device.||Not available.|
|Employee For installation on an employee’s personal device.||Not available.|
|Employee For Installation on an employee's University-owned device.||University-funded: No charge for CSE employees.|
- Create a CSE Labs account if you do not have one.
- Request a CSE VMware license.
- Login with your University Internet Account if prompted.
- Wait for your request to be processed.
- After your request is processed, you will receive an email with the subject Welcome! Please redeem your VMWare subscription!
- Follow instructions in the email to create or login to your account.
- Redeem your subscription once logged in.
- You should receive two additional emails after redeeming your subscription. A confirmation email and an email with the license key and instructions to download and install VMware.
Terms and Conditions
Terms outlined in the VMware Product Guide and End User License Agreement apply to the software license.
- These products cannot be used on shared workstations.
- VMware Fusion
- vCenter Server
- VMware vRealize Suite
- VMware Workstation Player
- VMware Workstation Pro
- VMware Learning