What is the Data Science Initiative?
The CSE Data Science Initiative aims to make a mark in data science research, nationally and internationally, by charting new research directions and enabling the development of new methods, data sets, and software that are used to address grand challenges facing our state, nation, and the world. Our goal is to integrate research with education by serving as a mentoring hub for the young generation of scientists.
Participate in the Data Science Initiative
If you would like to be associated with DSI and contribute to its success, please join our mailing list, or sign up to become an affiliate. Benefits to being an affiliate:
- Develop collaborations at the intersection of DS and science and engineering disciplines.
- Help determine DSI’s priorities and new initiatives
- Receive invitations to DSI events (including seminars, workshops).
- Receive regular updates about data science-related activities and research in CSE.
- Receive notice of DSI seed funding opportunities.
- Get support with developing major grant proposals (both in presolicitation and proposal development phases).
- Highlight your own data science related activities and accomplishments on DSI’s website