Freshmen global seminars
Upcoming freshmen global seminars
May Session 2020
- Ireland—STEM Manufacturing and Research in the Gateway of the EU
Thursday, May 14-Sunday, May 24, 2020
- A freshmen global seminar is an incredible opportunity for first-year College of Science and Engineering students to go abroad with faculty and CSE staff.
- Visit companies, universities, and research centers.
- Take advantage of an excellent professional development and networking opportunity.
- Get to know faculty, CSE staff, and other CSE students while learning in the real world.
- No language pre-requisites.
- Program fee includes one credit, round trip airfare, housing, tours, special events, some group meals, and international health insurance. The fees will be finalized during Fall Semester, but are estimated to be between $4,300 and $5,300.
- Talk with your family about adding one of these experiences to your freshman year.
- Apply for a passport if you don’t already have one.
- Attend information meetings during fall semester.
- Applications will be reviewed after the Monday, March 2, 2020 deadline.
- Indicate your interest in attending by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by scheduling a study abroad appointment.
What past participants say
"I had an amazing time abroad! Traveling with your classmates is a completely different experience than traveling with your family."
"Going abroad with CSE was one of the best experiences of my Freshman year. I made amazing friends, and I made connections with international researchers. The tours of the labs and research facilities were a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will always remember… Studying abroad was a fantastic choice for me and I highly recommend it to all students."
"This experience was extremely valuable to me as a student… I would absolutely recommend other CSE students to take advantage of it."