Courses, Registration, Exams, Course Equivalences
Note - Emails will not be fielded during the dates below or on weekends:
|Mon, May 30, 2022||University closed|
|Mon, July 4, 2022||University closed|
|Mon, Sept 5, 2022||University closed|
|Th & Fr, Nov 24 & 25||University closed|
For a complete listing of all Mathematics courses by course level, please consult Schedule Builder and the Course Catalog. Check also the currently offered Graduate 8xxx level Mathematics Course List. Undergraduate students wanting to enroll in an 8xxx level Math course need to follow the process indicated on our "Courses with Special Registration" web page.
Undergraduate mathematics courses are listed in the gray sections below: Spring Semester 2022, Summer Session 2022, Fall Semester 2022.
Spring Semester 2022
Summer Session 2022
|MATH 1031||College Algebra and Probability||3|
|MATH 1142||Short Calculus||4|
|MATH 1151||Precalculus II||3|
|MATH 1271||Calculus I||4|
|MATH 1272||Calculus II||4|
|MATH 2243||Linear Algebra and Differential Equations||4|
|MATH 2263||Multivariable Calculus||4|
|MATH 4242||Applied Linear Algebra||4|
|MATH 4281||Introduction to Modern Algebra||4|
|MATH 4603||Advanced Calculus I||4|
|MATH 4991||Independent Study||1|
|MATH 4992||Directed Reading||1|
|MATH 4993||Directed Study||1|
|MATH 4995||Senior Project for CLA||1|
|MATH 4997W||Senior project (Writing Intensive)||1|
|MATH 5248||Cryptology and Number Theory||4|
Fall Semester 2022
Closed Class or Closed Section Permission
Students may need to request permission to register for a Math course or section that is closed. The linked web page "Closed Math Course Registration" gives the process and timeline for considering and granting such registration permission. Math course permissions given are student-specific (we do not use "permission numbers.") Students should note that, per university procedure, additional approvals may be needed once a semester has begun:
- After the first week of classes (see One Stop for Summer Session), instructor approval of the new course or section must be received by our office;
- After the 2nd week of classes, the deadline to add a class has passed and students must petition their college for a late add.
Courses with Special Registration: includes 5xxx Level Honors Math Courses
Some Math courses have specific criteria or restrictions associated with them. Our "Courses with Special Registration" web page gives information about non-U of M students registering for a class, Math courses specifically designed for CBS and CSE students, Honors Math courses for both lower division and upper division students, undergraduates wanting to register for graduate level Math courses, as well as the CLA Capstone and Undergraduate Independent, Directed, and Special Projects.
CLA Capstone, Latin Honors Thesis, Undergraduate Research
Undergraduate Mathematics Majors or other students seeking a Math Faculty Mentor for their CLA Capstone or Latin Honors Thesis or who are interested in a variety of Undergraduate Research possibilities in Mathematics can find possible mentors listed on this web page.
Math Course Resources
UMNTC Math Course Tutoring Resources
SMART Learning Commons Tutoring (drop-ins and appointments) is available in Spring 2022 through both in-person and online formats. In-person onsite tutoring this semester is available at Walter Library, Wilson Library, and Magrath Library. However, Peer Research Consultants are available only through online platforms this semester.
Our Math Lab and related resources in Vincent Hall (pre-pandemic in-person format) are not available during Spring 2022.
Math Course Exam Information (including Finals)
Calculator policy, Final Exam Schedules and dealing with Final Exam Conflicts is available on our "Exam Information" web page.
Related Math Course Placement, Transfer Credits, and Information
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have a Math Course Placement Exam set up or ask questions about this testing.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Course Awards chart for 2022 (for S22 transfer students, F22 transfer or freshmen students)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Course Awards chart (see Math HL)
- Transfer Credit Evaluation is done through the UMNTC Office of Admissions, including meeting Liberal Education Requirements
- Transferology for Students can be searched to see if the courses from a previous institution already have current equivalences to UMNTC courses.
- International Transfer Credit Evaluation is done through the Office of Admissions International unit.
- Current COVID-19 protocols and links from CSE and the University of Minnesota
- International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) information
- Fall Semester 2021: ISSS for International Students (new and continuing) and for instructors