Robert PepinProfessor Emeritus, School of Physics and Astronomy
Minnesota Institute for Astrophysics (MIfA)
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of the Geochemical Society and European Association for Geochemistry, 2007
- Asteroid “robertpepin”, 2002
- George Taylor Distinguished Service Award, 2001
- Morse-Alumni Award for Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Education, 2000
- Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, 1993
- Fellow of the Meteoritical Society, 1980
- NASA Medal for Exceptional Scientific Achievement, 1971
- C. R. Webster et al., Isotope ratios of H, C, and O in CO2 and H2O of the Martian atmosphere., Science 341, 260-263 (2013)
- S. K. Atreya et al. , Primordial argon isotope fractionation in the atmosphere of Mars measured by the SAM instrument on Curiosity and implications for atmospheric loss., Geophys. Res. Lett. 40, 1-5, (2013).
- M. H. Wong et al. , Isotopes of nitrogen on Mars: Atmospheric measurements by Curiosity’s mass spectrometer., Geophys. Res. Lett. 40, 6033-6037 (2013)
- R. O. Pepin, R. L. Palma, R. D. Gehrz, and S. Starrfield, Presolar grains from novae: Evidence from neon and helium isotopes in comet dust collections., ApJ 742:86 (15pp), (2011).
- R. O. Pepin, D. J. Schlutter, R. H. Becker, and D. B. Reisenfeld, Helium, neon, and argon composition of the solar wind as recorded in gold and other Genesis collector materials., Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 89, 62-80, (2012)
- B. Marty, R. L. Palma, R. O. Pepin, L. Zimmermann, D. J. Schlutter, P. G. Burnard, A. J. Westphal, C. J. Snead, S. Bajt, R. H. Becker, and J. Simones , Helium and neon abundances and isotopic compositions in cometary matter., Science 319, 75-78 (2008).
- P. R. Mahaffy et al. , Abundance and isotopic composition of gases in the Martian atmosphere from the Curiosity rover., Science 341, 263-266 (2013).