Schedule an appointment with an advisor to talk about:
- Your courses for next semester
- Major changes to your academic plan
- Your academic progress, as required for athletes and ROTC
- Major declaration holds
- Academic probation or suspension
- Special circumstances in your life
Call 612-624-2890 or stop by the CSE Academic Advising office:
Lind Hall, Suite 105
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
For your convenience we also offer online appointment scheduling. Schedule an advising appointment online.
- Pre-major students: You will receive an email when it’s time to sign up for a registration appointment. Be sure to schedule an appointment right away. You cannot register until you have met with your advisor.
- Students admitted to their major: Work with your department to determine whether you need to schedule a registration appointment with your faculty or staff advisor.
Appointments unrelated to registration should be made 2-3 weeks in advance. For urgent needs, stop by during drop-in hours.
CSE Academic Advising drop-in hours are 2–4 p.m., Monday–Friday. You must be checked in by 3:45 p.m.
Use these 5-10 minute meetings to talk with an advisor about:
- One-time-only late withdrawal
- Concern about a current class
- Referrals to resources and programs
- Liberal education requirements
- College or University academic policies
Drop-in hours are for current students only. During school breaks and in the summer, check with CSE Academic Advising for drop-in availability.
Students admitted to the University Honors Program should meet with their honors advisor at Northrop, Suite 390. Visit the Honors Program website to see your honors advisor’s office hours.