Spring 2017 College of Science and Engineering Career Fair
Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017
10 a.m.–4 p.m.
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Students and recent alumni
The career fair is open to actively enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Science and Engineering as well as CSE alumni who have graduated in the past three years. There is no charge for CSE students and alumni to attend.
- Research companies that interest you. The more you know about the company when you meet recruiters, the more you will impress them! Find out more on GoldPASS.
- Pre-register now! To pre-register, sign up on the GoldPASS Career Events page, by searching event ID 3197 (Jan. 31) in the Career Fairs/Events section. Those who pre-register get extra tips and information. Pre-registration is recommended, but not required. Note: If you do not already have a GoldPASS account, sign up for one now at goldpass.umn.edu. Many employers post open positions on GoldPASS, and an account is required for students to apply.
- Attend CSE Career Fair prep events. The CSE Career Center is offering workshops on resumes, interviewing, networking, job and internship search strategies, job offer negotiations and more to help you prepare for the 2017 Spring CSE Career Fair. See a list of CSE Career Fair prep events.
- Download the FREE mobile app. Prepare for the CSE Career Fair by downloading the free mobile guide on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Use the guide to prepare for the career fair, navigate the event, and find the employers that match your career goals. With all the information at your fingertips, you can research employers before approaching them at the fair to make a great first impression! More information and maps of the employer booths will be added soon. To download the Spring 2017 CSE Career Fair mobile guide:
- Download the U Minnesota Guidebook app to your device from the app store or by visiting guidebook.com/app/umn.
- Open the app.
- Search for and select the guide “Spring 2017 CSE Career Fair.”
- Download the guide.
- Navigate the menu to find prep workshop information, employer lists, FAQs, and more.
- Volunteer at the CSE Career Fair. Volunteer shifts are available throughout the day, as well as the day before the event, so students can volunteer and still attend the career fair. Sign up at z.umn.edu/volunteersp17. You must sign up to volunteer with your University of Minnesota email address. You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot. The website does not share your email address with anyone.
Career Fair registration closed on Friday, Jan. 6, 2017. To inquire about late registration contact the CSE Career Center at 612-624-4090.
More information for employers:
- Career Fair employer registration fees
- Important dates for employers
- Hosting a student information session
- On-campus interviews
- Employer career fair FAQ
- Career fair student demographics
For more information, contact the College of Science and Engineering Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-4090.
The Spring 2017 CSE Career Fair is sponsored by the College of Science and Engineering Career Center in partnership with the University of Minnesota Student Chapter of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). This is the official college-sponsored career fair.