Spring 2018 College of Science and Engineering Career Fair
Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018
10 a.m.–4 p.m.
3M Arena at Mariucci
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Students and recent alumni
The career fair is open to actively enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Science and Engineering as well as CSE alumni who have graduated in the past three years. Non-CSE students interested in attending the fair should visit the Career Fair Frequently Asked Questions web page for more information. There is no charge to attend.
- Pre-register for the CSE Career Fair. To pre-register, sign up on search event ID “3550” in the Career Fairs/Events section of GoldPASS. Those who pre-register get extra tips and information. Pre-registration is recommended, but not required. Note: If you do not already have a GoldPASS account, sign up for one now at by visiting the GoldPASS. Many employers post open positions on GoldPASS, and an account is required for students to apply. Pre-register or sign up for an account on the GoldPASS website.
- Attend CSE Career Fair prep events. The CSE Career Center is offering workshops on resumes, interviewing, networking, job and internship search strategies, job offer negotiations and more to help you prepare for the 2017 Spring CSE Career Fair. See a full list of prep events on the CSE Career Fair prep events web page.
- Download the FREE mobile app. Prepare for the CSE Career Fair by downloading the free mobile guide on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Use the guide to search for jobs and internships by major or job type, read company bios, plan the workshops you will attend, and use the map of employers at the event. With all the information at your fingertips, you can research employers before approaching them at the fair to make a great first impression! To download the Spring 2018 CSE Career Fair mobile guide:
- Download the U Minnesota Guidebook app to your device from the app store or by visiting guidebook.com/app/umn.
- Open the app.
- Search for and select the guide “Spring 2018 CSE Career Fair.”
- Download the guide.
- Navigate the menu to find prep workshop information, employer lists, FAQs, and more.
- Volunteer at the CSE Career Fair. Volunteer shifts are available throughout the day, as well as the day before the event, so students can volunteer and still attend the career fair. Sign up at z.umn.edu/volunteer2018. You must sign up to volunteer with your University of Minnesota email address. You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot. The website does not share your email address with anyone.
- Research companies that interest you. The more you know about the company when you meet recruiters, the more you will impress them! To get started, download the Researching Employers and Industries Guide (PDF). Find out more on the GoldPASS website.
- Get your resume ready. To get started, download the Undergraduate Resume Guide (PDF) or the Graduate Resume and Curriculum Vitae Guide (PDF).
- Prepare your 30-second “elevator pitch.” To learn how to introduce yourself to employers and see sample elevator pitches, download the Career Fair Preparation Guide (PDF).
- Prepare for interviews. To get started, download the Interviewing Guide for Industry (PDF).
- Explore GoldPASS. Learn how to search for jobs and internships using the University’s online system. To get started, download the GoldPASS User’s Guide (PDF).
- Dress to impress. Make sure you wear professional attire to the Career Fair and interviews. If you have financial need, CSE Career Center staff can secure an appointment for you with one of two local non-profit organizations that provide free professional attire to students seeking jobs and internships. If you are interested, please fill out an application form to determine eligibility for professional clothing assistance.
The employer registration deadline has passed. Contact the CSE Career Center for more information at email@example.com or 612-624-4090.
More information for employers:
- Career Fair employer registration fees
- Important dates for employers
- Hosting a student information session
- On-campus interviews
- Employer career fair FAQ
- Career fair student demographics
For more information, contact the College of Science and Engineering Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-4090.
The Spring 2018 CSE Career Fair is sponsored by the College of Science and Engineering Career Center in partnership with the University of Minnesota Student Chapter of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). This is the official college-sponsored career fair.