Most people change jobs a number of times during their life, which requires using job search strategies multiple times.
Although the College of Science and Engineering Career Center focuses primarily on serving current students, we also provide some resources for alumni.
CSE alumni who have graduated within the past year:
All CSE Career Center services that are available to current students are also available to alumni for one calendar year after graduation (i.e. If you graduated in May 2015, you will have full access until May 2016).
CSE alumni who have graduated more than one year ago:
Career counselors do not schedule career appointments for alumni who graduated more than a year ago. However, all alumni are welcome to use the reference materials located in the CSE Career Center in Lind Hall, Suite 105.
Alumni can also access resources available on the College of Science and Engineering website:
- Job search resources
- Employment opportunity resources
- Professional development and continuing education
Alumni have access to GoldPASS, the University of Minnesota’s database of internships and full-time jobs for students and alumni.
To set up your account, visit goldpass.umn.edu.
- U of MN Alumni Association Career and Business Resources
- College of Continuing Education – Planning your career
The following resources are not endorsed by the College of Science and Engineering and are strictly listed for the convenience of alumni.
- Minnesota Career Development Association (MCDA)
- Association of Career Professionals International (ACP)
- The Bailey Consulting Group
- Prototype Career Services
- Innerview Consulting
- Dreamweavers Institute
- Pathways Career Success Strategies