What is a co-op?
Co-ops involve alternating work sessions and full-time course study. Students involved in co-ops often participate in multiple work terms.
Co-ops provide an opportunity for employers to work with students for a longer period of time allowing students to become more involved with in-depth projects and work assignments.
When students complete a co-op as part of their academic program, they enter the workforce with solid industry experience.
College of Science and Engineering co-op programs
Co-ops are managed by academic departments in the college. The structure and the requirements to participate can vary among each program. Contact individual departments to learn more.
- Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
If you have questions about connecting with academic departments or are recruiting across multiple majors, contact CSE Employer Relations at 612-624-4090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.