Technical exchange programs
The College of Science and Engineering has made special arrangements for students to earn technical credits at top engineering universities abroad.
Credit transfer is easy, and the cost is lower than similar semester programs.
- Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden)
- Global Engineering Education Exchange (Various countries)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)
- POSTECH (Korea)
- Queensland University of Technology (Australia)
- Technical University of Denmark (Denmark)
- Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- University of Agder (Norway)
Additional exchange programs abroad are open to all University of Minnesota students. Use the program search feature on the University Learning Abroad Center website and select the program type “exchange” to find a program that’s a good fit for you.
You will work with CSE on program selection and the nomination process to be an exchange student, and you’ll work closely with your department on course selection.
Looking for semester options beyond exchange? CSE students have studied at top schools across the globe through traditional study abroad programs. There are many English-speaking options in Ireland, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa.
Learn more about choosing a learning abroad program.
Earning technical credits can be a challenge in the summer, but special programs are often offered, such as:
CSE will work to match students with the right summer programs. Financial aid can be used.
Applications for summer programs are usually due during fall semester.
Some CSE students have spent their semester abroad studying a second language or filling liberal education requirements.
Learn about these general programs at the University of Minnesota Learning Abroad Center website.
If you have questions, contact the CSE International Programs Team (email@example.com).