Upcoming freshmen global seminar
- Ireland: Career Readiness for the STEM Industry
Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017-Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018
- A freshmen global seminar is an incredible opportunity for first-year College of Science and Engineering students to go abroad with faculty and CSE staff.
- Visit companies, universities, and research centers.
- Take advantage of an excellent professional development and networking opportunity.
- Get to know faculty, CSE staff, and other CSE students while learning in the real world.
- No language pre-requisites.
- Registration (3 credits) and billing occurs during Spring Semester.
- Program fee includes round trip airfare, housing, tours, special events, three credits, some group meals, and international health insurance. The fees will be finalized during Fall Semester, but are estimated to be between $4,300 and $5,300.
- Talk with your family about adding this experience to your freshmen year.
- Apply for a passport if you don’t already have one.
- Attend information meetings at the start of Fall Semester.
- Application instructions will be shared with interested students.
- The Group is limited to 25 students.
- Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017 is the deadline to apply—if there is still space, applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
- Accepted participants will be required to confirm their place in the seminar with confirmation materials, a deposit of $400 billed through the student account system, and a passport copy.
- Questions can be directed to the CSE International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Study abroad advising appointments can be scheduled online.
What past participants say
“I had an amazing time abroad! Traveling with your classmates is a completely different experience than traveling with your family.”
“Going abroad with CSE was one of the best experiences of my Freshman year. I made amazing friends, and I made connections with international researchers. The tours of the labs and research facilities were a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will always remember… Studying abroad was a fantastic choice for me and I highly recommend it to all students.”
“This experience was extremely valuable to me as a student… I would absolutely recommend other CSE students to take advantage of it.“