Stay in touch
- Make sure you stay connected with CSE and the U by keeping your contact information up-to-date. You can easily update your contact information online.
- Join our CSE LinkedIn group to expand your network.
- Join the CSE Alumni Board: Help develop events, volunteer opportunities, and educational programs for CSE alumni of all ages and serve as an advisor to the Dean on alumni matters.
Find the U wherever you go
There are 70 alumni chapters around the globe so you can connect with other Gophers wherever you go. Visit the Minnesota Alumni Association to find U of M alumni in your area.
Take advantage of benefits
- Join the Maroon and Gold Network: The Maroon and Gold Network is a free online career and networking platform where alumni can give career-related advice to current students and fellow U of M grads. It syncs with preexisting LinkedIn profiles and has powerful search options that allow highly tailored searches to find alumni who share your specific career interests. For example, you can browse the network to find individuals who are willing to share insights by industry, college, major, degree type, employer, location and more. Select the topics you’re willing to assist others with, or reach out to fellow alumni for advice that helps your own career.
- Lifetime email address: As a graduate, you have lifetime access to your U of M email address, just make sure you login through the portal once every 3 months to keep your account active.
- GoldPASS powered by Handshake job database: CSE alumni also have access to GoldPASS, the University’s online job posting database. For more information visit GoldPASS.
Attend an event
- Emerging Professionals Network: CSE, in partnership with the UMAA and other U of M colleges, hosts events throughout the year exclusively for Twin Cities area recent graduates. The Emerging Professionals Network is a way for recent graduates of the University of Minnesota to stay connected with the U and build new relationships with each other. The next Emerging Professionals Network event is on June 5, 2018 at Bad Weather Brewing Company in St. Paul. Learn more and register.
- Homecoming: CSE and its departments host a variety of homecoming activities each year. Homecoming Week 2018 is scheduled for Sept. 29-Oct. 6. Watch your email for more information in early fall.
Become a mentor
Each year, the CSE Mentor Program matches more than 200 students with industry professionals. Our program is one of the largest mentor programs at the University of Minnesota, and we expanded even further by including the Actuary Mentor Program as part of the CSE Mentor Program. The program runs October–April. Visit our CSE Mentor Program webpage for more information and registration forms.