Equipment category: GREEN
Used for 3D printing prototypes or final parts. Filament is provided. For small jobs, the material is free. For large jobs, bring your own spool.
- There are eight LulzBot printers in the Student Design Lab and two in the Student Shop.
- Sign up for a spot in the Student Design Lab print queue using the Student Design Lab LulzBot print queue electronic form.
- Sign up for a spot in the Student Shop print queue using the Student Shop LulzBot print queue electronic form.
- Please note the Student Shop print queue is not available during the summer.
- Wait to receive an email from staff. Check your spot using the Student Design Lab LulzBot printing queue spreadsheet or the Student Shop LulzBot printing queue spreadsheet.
- Go to the appropriate lab and talk to a student worker at the front desk to be assigned a printer and to check out filament.
- Load the filament and print your design. (Limit of 1 tray of parts per spot in the queue.)
- Go to the URL “tazXX.cselabs.umn.edu” and type in the number of your printer in place of “XX”.
- Log into the website with these credentials:
- Username: student
- Password: makerspace
- If the printer is not connected, click the “Connect” button. Sometimes clicking the button doesn’t work on the first try, so try clicking it a second time and it should connect.
- Upload and print your part.
- For additional guidance, University of Minnesota students, staff, and faculty can use the LulzBot tutorial guide (Google doc).
- Return the filament to the front desk and pick up your part.
If you have 24/7 U Card access to the Student Design Lab, after-hours printing is on a first-come-first-served basis, and you must either use your own filament or check out filament from the lab during open hours.