The Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs is responsible for overseeing initiatives that support and enhance the undergraduate experience within the College of Science and Engineering. Responsibilities are divided into three primary areas: Academic Advising, Career Services, and Collegiate Life.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a welcoming and inclusive community of learning and scholarship by generating and maintaining support systems for all persons to thrive, especially those individuals and groups highlighted by the University of Minnesota’s Office of Equity and Diversity.
Diversity is embraced and recognized as enrichment to the overall educational experience.We strive to ensure that students, especially those from groups traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering, have the opportunity to realize their aspirations while also valuing their contributions to the daily life of the College of Science and Engineering.
- Advanced placement
- Advising appointments
- Course equivalencies
- Degree planning
- Four-year plans
- Probation and suspension
- Transfer admission
- Admission into major
- Academic standards committee
- Curriculum committee
Visit the Academic Advising web page.
- Career counseling
- Career workshops and resources
- Career fairs and employer events
- Major and career exploration
- Information about career-related experience
- Help with resumes, cover letters and interviewing
- Job and internship search assistance
- Graduate school preparation
Visit the Career Center web page.
- Student recruitment (freshman and transfer students)
- Residential housing opportunities (Living and Learning Communities)
- Outreach (FIRST Robotics & Lego League, Project Lead the Way (PLTW), Math & Science Fun Fair, STEM summer camps, K-12, CSE Expo)
- Diversity and Inclusion [North Star STEM Alliance]
- Programs for women
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Initiative
- Peer mentor programs
- Scholarships and student awards
- Research opportunities (Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program – UROP)
- Leadership opportunities; student organizations
- College level ABET coordination
- Collegiate events (Sneak Preview, Welcome Week, CSE Showcase, commencement)
- International experiences (global seminars, internships, study abroad, IAESTE)
Visit the Collegiate Life web page.