Official proposals by faculty to extramural funding sources must be submitted through the Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA). The formal submission uses the Electronic Grants Management Systems (EGMS). The site contains information about the process and links to the required University Proposal Routing Form (PRF), and required forms for major funding agencies. The required steps for developing budget and other administrative materials are summarized below:
- Prepare an approved budget and budget justification in collaboration with and with oversight of the unit’s research administration/accounting personnel.
- Obtain commitments for any required cost-sharing from the unit and the Associate Dean for Research.
- Process requests for other institutional and sponsor compliance.
- Prepare and submit the PRF with sufficient lead time for approval by the PIs, the unit approver(s), and the college (college approval is routed to ‘itegms.’ College approval deadline is noon on the day of the deadline for PRF submission to SPA.
- Email the full proposal as an attachment to SPA at email@example.com. In the subject line of the message, include the PRF# and the PI name.