Use your Career Center
Take advantage of the career counseling and resources at the Career Center for Science and Engineering throughout your program, from choosing a major to landing your first job.
The best way to access the center is to stop by 105 Lind Hall and let us know what you need. We also have an extensive website. Here’s what you can do in the Career Center for Science and Engineering.
- Work with a career counselor as you select a major and career path.
- Get detailed information about what you can do with each major.
- Take the elective course Exploring Careers in Science and Engineering.
- Develop job-search skills through 10-minute, interactive workshops on resumes, interviewing, LinkedIn, networking, job-fair preparation, graduate school, salary negotiation, and more.
- Practice interviewing with a company recruiter.
- Review your resume and cover letter with a counselor.
Recruitment and networking
- Network with alumni and industry partners to find internships, informational interviews, and job opportunities.
- Attend career fairs for science and engineering twice a year.
- Meet with recruiters from leading companies in the region and around the world.
- Access GoldPass, the University’s extensive career database of job listings, company information, on-campus recruiting schedules, and career events.
- Discover internship opportunities through postings, alumni and employer contacts, and career fairs.
- Get advice on finding an internship and making it work for you