UNITE Spring 2021 Dates to Remember
Remember to register as early as possible. Your registration may not be entered on the same day you send it in to the UNITE office.
"Requests for Graduate Credit for Non-degree Students" take more time as these are sent to the Registrar's office for approval.
"Guest of the University" enrollments and "Change of College" take longer as these require approvals outside of UNITE.
You may also have to work with different offices to clear holds on your University record. The closer to the beginning of school, the longer the registration process may take.
Access to streaming video may take up to 24 hours after student is officially registered. This means late registrations may not have immediate access to streaming video when school starts.
Important Semester Dates
- Spring semester registration begins for students admitted to degree or certificate programs
- Spring registration opens for non-degree and visiting students
- University of Minnesota Offices closed - including UNITE
- First billing statement for Spring available (due date: 1/31/21)
- SPRING SEMESTER 2021 Classes Begin. Late registration fee ($50) in effect
- Last day to cancel a course and receive a 100% refund for full semester classes
- Last day to add a course without instructor approval
- 75% refund period begins for full semester classes
- Instructor approval needed to enroll in a course from this date forward
- Spring payment due in full (or first payment if enrolled in payment plan)
- Last day to cancel a course and receive a 75% refund for full semester classes
- Last day to cancel a course and not receive a "W" on transcript
- Last day to enroll in a course without instructor and college approval
- UNITE registrations MUST be received by the 3:30 on this date to avoid paying $100 late registration fee
- 50% refund period begins for full semester classes
- A "W" will appear on transcript for course cancellations from this date onward (beginning November 17th, course cancellations will require approval from college scholastic committee)
- Late registration fee ($100) in effect
- Instructor approval and college approval needed to register from this date forward
- Last day to cancel a course and receive a 50% refund for full semester classes
- 25% refund period begins for full semester classes
- Last day to cancel a course and receive a 25% refund for full semester classes
- NO refunds on cancellations from this date forward for full semester classes
- Second billing statement for fall available (due date: 3/3/21)
- Registration begins for Summer 2021 for students in degree or certificate programs
- Spring payment due in full (or second payment if enrolled in payment plan)
- Summer Semester 2021 registration opens for non-degree and visiting students
March 8th - 12th:
- Spring Break (no classes)
- Third billing statement for Spring available (due date: 3/31/21)
- Spring payment due in full (or third payment if enrolled in payment plan)
- Last day to cancel a course without college approval
- Course cancellations require approval from college scholastic committee from this date forward
- Fourth billing statement for Spring available (new charges and past-due balances only, due date: 5/11/21)
- Last day to change grade basis (A-F or S/N) for a course
- Last day of instruction
May 4th - 5th:
- Study days
May 6th - 8th:
- Final Exams
- Study Day
May 10th - 12th:
- Final Exams
- End of Semester
- Fifth billing statement for spring available (new charges and past-due balances only, due date: 5/31/21)
- Spring payment due in full (for new charges and/or past due balances)
Refunds and Cancel/Add Deadlines
Changes should be in the UNITE office by 3:00 pm of deadline date. If you cancel after the 100% refund period, you will be charged a portion of tuition. You will need to check your account through OneStop Student Services to view your University bill - the University does NOT send out a new bill when changes occur.
UNITE follows the University policies and deadlines for course cancels, adds and refunds. Be aware of University of Minnesota Refunds and Crop/Add Deadlines for Summer - these are different from Fall and Spring semesters. For summer courses, note that there are different calendars for six- and eight-week courses and that the timelines are accelerated to reflect the shortened semester timeline.
Students must get instructor approval if adding a course after deadline dates which require instructor signature. For additions and cancellations, the UNITE office will get the college's permission to make the change for Graduate and Undergraduate Non-Degree students (those not formally enrolled in a program). Graduate and Undergraduate students enrolled in a program must get permission from both the college.
Students enrolled in courses through UNITE may use our Course Cancellation Form to cancel a course taken through our office.
Billing and Due Dates
Statement 1: Billed 1/18/2021, DUE IN FULL 1/31/2021
Statement 2: Billed 2/18/2021, DUE IN FULL 3/3/2021
Statement 3: Billed 3/18/2021, DUE IN FULL 3/31/2021
Statement 4: Billed 4/18/2021, DUE 5/1/2021
Statement 5: Billed 5/18/2021, DUE 5/31/2021
Be aware of the University's Consequences of Non-Payment Policies.
To view your student account online, check your account through OneStop Student Services.
*All fees subject to change by University without UNITE knowledge.