Career fair information for students
Spring 2021 College of Science and Engineering Virtual Career Fair
Mark your calendar!
Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021
Times to be determined
Virtual fair platform: Career Fair Plus
The Career Fair Plus virtual platform provides features that will you to connect with employers personally. Virtual fair features include:
- No waiting in line! Students can pre-register for a time to speak with employers to video chat
- Speak with employers from the comfort and safety of your home
- Research employers prior to the fair, as well as during the fair by participating in their group chat and info session room
- Speak with the Career Center and other offices during the Career Fair to receive help with your questions
Prepare for the Career Fair
- Watch tutorials on how to prepare for the virtual career fair and using the Career Fair Plus app.
- Explore GoldPASS. Set up your profile on GoldPASS powered by Handshake and learn how to search for jobs and internships using the University's online system. Note that while the Fall 2020 CSE Career Fair event is listed in GoldPASS, the fair will be taking place via Career Fair Plus. Find out more on the GoldPASS website.
- Get your resume and cover letter ready. Download the Undergraduate Resume Guide (PDF) or Graduate Resume and CV Guide (PDF) and Cover Letters Guide (PDF).
- Research companies that interest you. The more you know about the company when you meet recruiters, the more you will impress them! To get started, download the Researching Employers and Industries Guide (PDF). Find out more on the GoldPASS website.
- Prepare for interviews. To get started, download the Interviewing Guide for Industry (PDF).
- Hear advice from employers. Learn tips and advice from employers who attend the career fair.
- Prepare as an international student. There are many nuances to job and internship searching as an international student. Read about considerations and career resources for international students.
- Dress to impress. If you have financial need and are unable to afford full-priced professional attire for the Career Fair and interviewing, there's help. The College of Science and Engineering has partnered with Ready for Success, a local non-profit organization that provides professional attire to job/internship seekers at no cost to the student.
Due to COVID-19, virtual appointments are very limited. You must be a CSE undergraduate student who is actively searching for a job or internship and be able to demonstrate financial need. Non-CSE students, please contact your career center to see what assistance may be available. If you are an undergraduate student enrolled in CSE and are interested, please fill out this application form
Who can attend the career fair?
The CSE career fair is open to:
- College of Science and Engineering (CSE) students at the University of Minnesota (undergraduate and graduate)
- CSE alumni who have graduated within the past three years. You must use your UMN email address.
- Non-CSE students actively enrolled at the University of Minnesota
- Please note: Non-CSE University of Minnesota students should be aware that employers attending the CSE Career Fair are there specifically to hire CSE students. In addition, non-CSE students may have problems applying for jobs and requesting interviews in GoldPASS.
Students and alumni from other institutions may not attend the career fair.
A great way to explore career paths, learn about companies, gain industry knowledge and connect with hiring managers is to take advantage of recruiting events happening every semester. Keep an eye on GoldPASS Powered by Handshake Events to ensure you don’t miss out on these great opportunities!
- Information Sessions
- Tech Talks
- Tabling sessions
- Employer site visits