CSE Alumni Society Board
Seeking new members—the application process is now open!
Alumni Society Board members serve in an advisory role to the dean on matters concerning CSE alumni. The board also helps CSE staff to develop and organize a wide variety of opportunities that connect alumni to each other and to current students.
New board members will start in September 2020.
See application criteria and list of responsibilities below.
Qualifications and time commitment
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association paid members who are graduates, faculty, former students, or friends of the College of Science and Engineering are eligible to apply.
- All members are asked to make a yearly financial gift to the college in an amount that is personally meaningful to them.
- Participation requires approximately three to five hours per month, including attending board meetings three times a year, serving on at least one board committee, and volunteering to assist at board and college alumni events.
- Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible to serve two consecutive terms.
- Understand the mission of the CSE Alumni Society and represent the society to alumni and the general public.
- Attend CSE Alumni Society Board meetings.
- Attend and volunteer at society-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Assist with the activity planning and decision-making of the board.
- Chair, co-chair, or serve on at least one of the board’s committees. Carry out the duties necessary for the progress of that committee.
- Serve as an advocate for the college and the University during legislative sessions.
- Recommend candidates to serve as at-large board members to the board’s nominating committee.
- Lifelong connection with the college and university.
- Service to students and alumni.
- On-campus board meetings with complimentary dinner and parking.
- Admission to various educational and social events.
- A chance to share your passions and interests with the CSE alumni community.
- Development of leadership and event planning skills.
- Expanding your network of professional contacts.