CSE Career Fair
Fall 2019 College of Science and Engineering Career Fair
Tuesday, Sept. 17 and Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019
3M Arena at Mariucci
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Important information about bag check: Bag check will begin at 11:30 a.m. each day in the West Lobby of 3M Arena at Mariucci (across from Ridder Arena). If you have a bag to check, please go directly to the West Lobby of 3M Arena and then proceed around the outside of the building (along 4th Street) to the East Lobby on Oak Street to enter the career fair. There will not be a place to check your bag in the East Lobby. If at all possible, please try to leave your bag at home. If you do not have a bag to check, please proceed directly to the East Lobby entrance on Oak Street.
Students and recent alumni
The career fair is open to actively enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Science and Engineering as well as CSE alumni who have graduated in the past three years. There is no charge to attend.
Those who pre-register get extra tips and information. Pre-registration is recommended, but not required.
Prepare for the Career Fair!
- Attend CSE Career Fair prep events. The CSE Career Center is offering workshops on resumes, interviewing, job offer negotiations, job and internship search strategies, career fair prep, networking, and more to help you prepare for the Spring 2019 CSE Career Fair. For more information, visit the Career Fair Prep Events web page.
- Download the FREE mobile app. Prepare for the CSE Career Fair by downloading the free mobile guide on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Use the guide to see the list of employers, read company bios, search for jobs and internships by major or job type, plan the workshops you will attend, and use the map of employers at the event. Steps for downloading:
- Download the U Minnesota Guidebook app to your device from the app store or by visiting guidebook.com/app/umn.
- Open the app.
- Search for and select the guide “Fall 2019 CSE Career Fair.”
- Download the guide.
- Navigate the menu to find all the resources you need. Check back periodically to see updates!
- Explore GoldPASS. Set up your profile on GoldPASS powered by Handshake and learn how to search for jobs and internships using the University's online system. Find out more on the GoldPASS website.
- Get your resume and cover letter ready. Visit the Job Search Resources web page for resources, including resume and cover letter guides.
- Prepare your 30-second "elevator pitch." To learn how to introduce yourself to employers and see sample elevator pitches, download the Career Fair Preparation Guide (PDF).
- Research companies that interest you. The more you know about the company when you meet recruiters, the more you will impress them! To get started, download the Researching Employers and Industries Guide (PDF). Find out more on the GoldPASS website.
- Prepare for interviews. To get started, download the Interviewing Guide for Industry (PDF).
- Dress to impress. If you have financial need and are unable to afford full-priced professional attire for the Career Fair and interviewing, there's help. The College of Science and Engineering has partnered with Ready for Success, a local non-profit organization that provides professional attire to job/internship seekers at no cost to the student. The Career Center can secure an appointment for you this organization. If you are enrolled in CSE and are interested, please fill out this CSE Ready for Success application form. Non-CSE students, please use this Non-CSE Ready for Success application form. You must be currently searching for a job or internship and be able to demonstrate financial need. Appointments are limited.
- Volunteer at the CSE Career Fair: Volunteer shifts are available throughout the day, as well as the day before the event, so students can volunteer and still attend the career fair. Visit the CSE Career Fair volunteer web page to sign up. You must sign up to volunteer with your University of Minnesota email address. We need your help to make this event a success!
The employer registration deadline has passed. If you have questions, contact the CSE Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-4090.
If your company or organization is attending the CSE Career Fair, download the Fall 2019 CSE Career Fair Employer Confirmation Packet (PDF).
More information for employers:
- Fall 2019 CSE Career Fair Employer Confirmation Packet (PDF)
- Career Fair employer registration fees
- Important dates for employers
- Employer career fair FAQ
- Hosting a student information session
- On-campus interviews
- Job offer guidelines for employers
- Career fair student demographics
For more information, contact the College of Science and Engineering Career Center at email@example.com or 612-624-4090.
The Fall 2019 College of Science and Engineering Career Fair is hosted by the CSE Career Center and the University of Minnesota Student Chapter of the Society of Women Engineers. This is the official college-sponsored career fair.