CSE Career Fair
Spring 2020 College of Science and Engineering Career Fair
Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2020
3M Arena at Mariucci
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Students and recent alumni
The career fair is open to actively enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Science and Engineering as well as CSE alumni who have graduated in the past three years and current students enrolled in the UMN system. There is no charge to attend. For more information, please see the FAQ page.
Prepare for the Career Fair!
- Attend CSE Career Fair prep events. The CSE Career Center is offering workshops on resumes, interviewing, job offer negotiations, job and internship search strategies, career fair prep, networking, and more to help you prepare for the Spring 2020 CSE Career Fair. For more information, visit the Career Fair Prep Events web page.
- Download the FREE Career Fair Plus mobile app. Prepare for the CSE Career Fair by downloading the free Career Fair Plus App on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device from the App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading the app, search for the University of Minnesota and select the CSE Spring 2020 Career Fair. You can use the guide offline to find prep workshop information, employer lists, FAQs, and more. Use the guide to prepare for the career fair, navigate the event, and find the employers that match your career goals. With all the information at your fingertips, you can research employers before approaching them at the fair to make a great first impression!
- Explore GoldPASS. Set up your profile on GoldPASS powered by Handshake and learn how to search for jobs and internships using the University's online system. Find out more on the GoldPASS website.
- Get your resume and cover letter ready. Visit the Job Search Resources web page for resources, including resume and cover letter guides.
- Prepare your 30-second "elevator pitch." To learn how to introduce yourself to employers and see sample elevator pitches, download the Career Fair Preparation Guide (PDF).
- Research companies that interest you. The more you know about the company when you meet recruiters, the more you will impress them! To get started, download the Researching Employers and Industries Guide (PDF). Find out more on the GoldPASS website.
- Prepare for interviews. To get started, download the Interviewing Guide for Industry (PDF).
- Dress to impress. If you have financial need and are unable to afford full-priced professional attire for the Career Fair and interviewing, there's help. The College of Science and Engineering has partnered with Ready for Success, a local non-profit organization that provides professional attire to job/internship seekers at no cost to the student. The Career Center can secure an appointment for you this organization. If you are enrolled in CSE and are interested, please fill out this CSE Ready for Success application form. Non-CSE students, please use this Non-CSE Ready for Success application form. You must be currently searching for a job or internship and be able to demonstrate financial need. Appointments are limited.
- Volunteer at the CSE Career Fair: Volunteer shifts are available throughout the day, as well as the day before the event, so students can volunteer and still attend the career fair. Visit the CSE Career Fair volunteer web page to sign up. You must sign up to volunteer with your University of Minnesota email address. We need your help to make this event a success!
The employer registration deadline has passed. If you have questions, contact the CSE Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-4090.
If your company or organization is attending the CSE Career Fair, see the Spring 2020 CSE Career Fair Employer Confirmation Packet.
More information for employers:
- Important dates for employers
- Career Fair employer registration fees
- Employer career fair FAQ
- Spring 2020 CSE Career Fair Employer Confirmation Packet
- Hosting a student information session
- On-campus interviews
- Job offer guidelines for employers
- CSE Career Fair student demographics
If you have questions, contact the CSE Career Center at email@example.com or 612-624-4090.
For more information, contact the College of Science and Engineering Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-4090.
The Spring 2020 College of Science and Engineering Career Fair is hosted by the CSE Career Center and the University of Minnesota Student Chapter of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the University of Minnesota Chapter of the Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE). This is the official college-sponsored career fair.