Career Fair information for students
College of Science and Engineering Career Fair
Fall 2021 College of Science and Engineering Virtual Career Fair
Tuesday, Sept. 21 and Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021
Noon- 6 p.m. each day
The fair will be held via Handshake
View the list of companies registered to attend now and sign up for time slots to speak individually with companies beginning Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021 at 8 a.m.
Handshake provides features that will allow you to connect personally with employers. Virtual fair features include:
- No waiting in line! You can pre-register for a time to speak with employers to video chat.
- Speak with employers from the comfort of your home.
- Research employers prior to the fair, as well as during the fair by entering their group session room.
- Speak with the CSE Career Center during the Career Fair to receive help with your questions.
Prepare for the Career Fair
Dress to impress
If you have financial need and are unable to afford full-priced professional attire for the Career Fair and interviewing, there's help.
The College of Science and Engineering has partnered with Ready for Success, a local non-profit organization that provides professional attire to job/internship seekers at no cost to the student. The Career Center can secure an appointment for you with this organization.
If you are an undergraduate student enrolled in CSE and are interested, please fill out this application form. Non-CSE students, please contact your career center to see what assistance may be available. You must be a CSE undergraduate student who is actively searching for a job or internship and be able to demonstrate financial need. Appointments are very limited.
Who can attend the CSE Career Fair?
The CSE career fair is open to:
- College of Science and Engineering (CSE) students at the University of Minnesota (undergraduate and graduate)
- CSE alumni who have graduated within the past three years. You must use your UMN email address.
- Non-CSE students actively enrolled at the University of Minnesota.
- Please note: Non-CSE University of Minnesota students should be aware that employers attending the CSE Career Fair are specifically there to hire CSE students. In addition, non-CSE students may have problems applying for jobs and requesting interviews in Handshake.
Students and alumni from other institutions may not attend the career fair.
What recruiting events are available?
A great way to explore career paths, learn about companies, gain industry knowledge and connect with hiring managers is to take advantage of recruiting events happening every semester. Keep an eye on Handshake Events to ensure you don’t miss out on these great opportunities!
- Information Sessions
- Tech Talks
- Tabling sessions
- Employer site visits