Equipment and expertise to meet your shop needsThe University of Minnesota CSE Shop provides a wide array of machine shop services including fabrication, machining, welding, on-site inspection, and consulting.In order to streamline support for research within the College of Science and Engineering (CSE), we have combined the overall operations for the CSE machine shop facilities. The CSE Shop can design, fabricate, weld, and repair prototype and scientific research equipment.
- Our staff has extensive design experience with a wide variety of materials.
- The CSE Shop primarily uses SolidWorks for Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- We can import CAD models from multiple formats and will work from your design concept and sketches.
- Our machinists have extensive experience in machining and work closely with their customers.
- The CSE Shop has many unique machine tools and processes for special or difficult-to-machine materials.
- We import CAD models directly into Mastercam to create machine code, assuring accurate and reproducible results.
- A fully equipped inspection area is used to ensure the quality of our work.
- The CSE Shop stocks a wide variety of materials: aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel, miscellaneous engineering plastics, etc.
- Our shop is fully-equipped to provide precision welding of various materials.
- Weld fixtures are used to achieve high quality welds.
- Helium leak detector is used to check vacuum welds.
- We perform ultra-high vacuum welding of stainless steels and other alloys.
- We repair lab equipment and instruments, either in our shop or on-site.
- Welding repairs can be made on broken, leaking, or worn parts.
- If necessary, parts can be re-machined after welding.
- Soft soldering and silver soldering can be performed on various materials.
For more information, email email@example.com.