Appointments and drop-ins
CSE Academic Advising is located in Lind Hall, Suite 105 and offers both in-person and virtual appointments. You can review options and select your preferred modality when scheduling your appointment.
You may schedule an appointment in one of three ways:
- Schedule an appointment online
- Email your advisor
- Call 612-624-2890
If you have been admitted to your major (upper division), contacting your departmental advisor/Director of Undergraduate Studies can also be helpful in answering your major-specific questions.
Schedule an appointment with an advisor to talk about:
- Your courses for next semester
- Major changes to your academic plan
- Your academic progress, as required for athletes and ROTC
- Major declaration holds
- Academic probation or suspension
- Special circumstances in your life
For your convenience we offer online appointment scheduling. Schedule an advising appointment online.
- Pre-major students: You will receive an email when it's time to sign up for a registration appointment. Be sure to schedule an appointment right away. You cannot register until you have met with your advisor.
- Students admitted to their major: Work with your department to determine whether you need to schedule a registration appointment with your faculty or staff advisor.
Appointments unrelated to registration should be made 2-3 weeks in advance.
Academic Advising offers drop-ins Monday-Friday from 2-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday drop-ins are in-person in Lind Hall 105, and Friday drop-ins are virtual via Zoom. Students must be checked in by 3:45 p.m. Drop-ins are staffed on a rotating basis by our team of advisors. Students will meet with the advisors on duty for that given day.
Our drop-in advising hours are primarily held in-person to foster connection and provide direct and immediate support for our students who are regularly on campus for classes. However, we recognize that some students may require accommodations. If you are facing extenuating circumstances that may hinder your ability to engage in in-person drop-ins due to physical or mental health challenges, we want to support you. To request a modality accommodation, please reach out to us in advance by contacting CSE Student Services at email@example.com or 612-624-2890. Please note that virtual / online drop-in advising is available on Fridays each week.
Drop-ins are five- 10-minute meetings with an on-duty advisor to discuss topics including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing your APAS
- Questions about connecting with resources
- Questions about liberal education requirements
- Discussing academic policy questions
- Using your One-Time-Only Late Withdrawal