Appointments and drop-ins
CSE Academic Advising is located in Lind Hall, Suite 105 and offers both in-person and virtual appointments. You can review options and select your preferred modality when scheduling your appointment.
You may schedule an appointment in one of three ways:
- Schedule an appointment online
- Email your advisor
- Call 612-624-2890
If you have been admitted to your major (upper division), contacting your departmental advisor/Director of Undergraduate Studies can also be helpful in answering your major-specific questions.
Schedule an appointment with an advisor to talk about:
- Your courses for next semester
- Major changes to your academic plan
- Your academic progress, as required for athletes and ROTC
- Major declaration holds
- Academic probation or suspension
- Special circumstances in your life
For your convenience we offer online appointment scheduling. Schedule an advising appointment online.
- Pre-major students: You will receive an email when it's time to sign up for a registration appointment. Be sure to schedule an appointment right away. You cannot register until you have met with your advisor.
- Students admitted to their major: Work with your department to determine whether you need to schedule a registration appointment with your faculty or staff advisor.
Appointments unrelated to registration should be made 2-3 weeks in advance.
Academic Advising offers drop-ins Monday-Friday from 2-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday drop-ins are in-person in Lind Hall 105, and Friday drop-ins are virtual via Zoom. Students must be checked in by 3:45 p.m.
Drop-ins are five- 10-minute meetings with an on-duty advisor to discuss topics including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing your APAS
- Questions about connecting with resources
- Questions about liberal education requirements
- Discussing academic policy questions
- Using your One-Time-Only Late Withdrawal