Career resources for alumni
Most people change jobs a number of times in their life, which requires using job-search strategies multiple times. Although the College of Science and Engineering Career Services focuses primarily on serving current students, we also provide some resources for alumni.
CSE alumni who have graduated within the past year:
All CSE Career Services that are available to current students are also available to alumni for one calendar year after graduation (i.e. If you graduated in May 2020, you will have full access until May 2021).
CSE alumni who have graduated more than one year ago:
Career counselors do not schedule career appointments for alumni who graduated more than a year ago. However, all alumni are welcome to use the reference materials located in CSE Career Services in Lind Hall, Suite 105. Alumni can also access resources available on the College of Science and Engineering website:
Alumni have access to Handshake, the University of Minnesota’s database of internships and full-time jobs for students and alumni. To set up your account, visit the Handshake website.
- University of Minnesota Career Services for Alumni
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association - Advance your career
- College of Continuing and Professional Studies
The following resources are not endorsed by the College of Science and Engineering and are strictly listed for the convenience of alumni.
- Association of Career Professionals International
- The Bailey Consulting Group
- Dreamweavers Institute
- Innerview Consulting
- Minnesota Career Development Association
- Pathways Career Success Strategies
- Prototype Career Services
- QuarterLife Coach