Project Lead The Way (PLTW)
Project Lead The Way (PLTW) provides transformative learning experiences for K-12 students and teachers across the United States. The program creates an engaging, hands-on classroom environment and empowers students to develop in-demand knowledge and skills they need to thrive. PLTW also provides teachers with the training, resources, and support they need to engage students in real-world learning.
PLTW Summer Core Training Institute 2019
Professional development through Project Lead the Way is designed to create dynamic learning experiences for educators through powerful and flexible instructional support, as well as an ongoing professional community.
You MUST complete the PLTW Launch Readiness and Core Training course. To register, please visit the PLTW website.
Prepare for Core Training through Readiness Training
Readiness Training is a set of courses that introduces teachers to the PLTW experience and provides content and software resources that teachers need in order to be successful at Core Training.
Teachers complete the self-paced Readiness Training coursework online before attending course-specific Core Training. Each Readiness Training course will require between two and four hours to complete.
Be sure to complete the online Readiness Training prior to the first day of your Core Training course.
2019 University of Minnesota Course Offerings
Details on schedule and pricing coming soon.
- Computer Science Principles (July 8-19)
- Design and Modeling (July 8-12)
- Engineering Design & Development (July 8-19)
- Launch Classroom Teacher (July 8-9)
- Launch Lead Teacher (July 8-9)
- Automation and Robotics (July 15-19)
- Computer Science for Innovators and Makers (July 15-19)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture (July 22-August 2)
- Introduction to Engineering Design (June 22-August 2)
- Principles of Engineering (July 22-August 2)
Other 2019 Summer Training Institutes Offered in Minnesota
To see the statewide schedule of summer training, visit the Project Lead the Way website.