Appointments and drop-ins
CSE Academic Advising services, including appointments and drop-ins, will be held virtually via Zoom. When scheduling an appointment, you will receive the Zoom link in your reminder email. Please make sure to check your UMN email account within 24 hours of your appointment for that information.
You may schedule an appointment in one of three ways:
- Schedule an appointment online
- Email your advisor
- Call 612-624-2890
If you have been admitted to your major (upper division), contacting your departmental advisor/Director of Undergraduate Studies can also be helpful in answering your major-specific questions.
Schedule an appointment with an advisor to talk about:
- Your courses for next semester
- Major changes to your academic plan
- Your academic progress, as required for athletes and ROTC
- Major declaration holds
- Academic probation or suspension
- Special circumstances in your life
For your convenience we offer online appointment scheduling. Schedule an advising appointment online.
- Pre-major students: You will receive an email when it's time to sign up for a registration appointment. Be sure to schedule an appointment right away. You cannot register until you have met with your advisor.
- Students admitted to their major: Work with your department to determine whether you need to schedule a registration appointment with your faculty or staff advisor.
Appointments unrelated to registration should be made 2-3 weeks in advance.
Drop-in advising is also offered Monday-Friday, 2-4 p.m. during the semester via Zoom. Sign up for an appointment on the CSE drop-in advising appointments website.
Drop-ins are 5- 10-minute meetings with an on-duty advisor to discuss things including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing your APAS
- Questions about connecting with resources
- Questions about liberal education requirements
- Discussing academic policy questions
- Using your One-Time-Only Late Withdrawal