On-campus interviews will be conducted virtually for fall semester 2020. Employers still have the option to utilize Handshake to create a preselect schedule. Employers are asked to provide their own virtual platform for interviews.
What employers need to know
Benefits of on-campus interviews:
- Free and convenient
- Access to the CSE Career Center and Employer Relations staff for guidance and support
- Streamlined recruiting efforts
- Ability to interview multiple candidates in one day
- Increased name recognition with students
On-campus interviews are a good strategy when:
- You have the ability to plan ahead and reserve interview rooms early
- The interviews coincide with periods of increased student activity, primarily in early fall and early spring
- Interviews are held in conjunction with other events such as an information session, career fair, or student organization visit
- Your company is located out of state and you would like to interview a number of candidates while you are in the area
Scheduling on-campus interviews:
- Visit Handshake, the University of Minnesota's recruiting database, to schedule on-campus interviews.
- Select “Request an Interview” on the home screen and fill out your request.
- Choose between a room-only or preselect schedule.
- Interviews are conducted primarily during the fall and spring semesters.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis, and fill very quickly on dates following career fairs. Make arrangements early to ensure availability of dates.
On-campus interview process:
Typically, four weeks are required to complete the full on-campus interview process.
Advertising the position: Two weeks
- Students have an opportunity to view the position, create or update resumes, and apply for the job.
Selection and sign-up: Two weeks
- Employers select applicants, students sign up online for available interview times, and the CSE Career Center prepares employer resume packets and folders.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, contact the CSE Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-4090.