D&I Alliance: Join the D&I Alliance and Get Involved!
Joining the Alliance does not commit you to a committee. You are simply showing your support for the efforts and willingness to receive information about future events and opportunities to get involved in DEI efforts.
The CSE D&I Alliance includes five working groups called "action teams" charged with developing specific goals and plans and implementing those plans as part of the overall strategic plan.
The Communications Action Team supports the communications needs of all the CSE Diversity and Inclusivity Alliance action teams while working to highlight and lift the voices of our diverse community.
Education and Professional Development
The Education and Professional Development Action Team explores DEI educational opportunities for all members of the CSE community and creates a DEI educational plan for the college.
Faculty, Staff, and Postdoc Focus
The Funding action team works to create a usable resource around funding DEI initiatives. One of the main goals of this group is to compile a list of the many available opportunities at the University of Minnesota, and work to create an easily accessible site or repository for those wishing to search for DEI related funding opportunities. Additionally, the group works to identify supplemental funding opportunities outside of the University.
The Student Experience Action Team advances DEI initiatives that affect undergraduate and graduate students within all CSE departments. The team prioritizes student-led initiatives and maintains strong relationships with existing undergraduate and graduate student organizations within CSE (e.g., SESB, STEM Outreach Coalition).
Action Team members
- Commit to being a CSE D&I Alliance Champion
- Actively participate in one of the CSE D&I Alliance’s Action Groups
- Engage in implementing the Alliance’s Strategic Plan
- Participate in or lead DEI activities within the Action Groups
- Contribute to evaluating and developing priorities for the Action Groups
- Foster communications between the CSE community and the Alliance
- Spend approximately two- to-three hours per month on Alliance activities
Ready to dig in and get to work? Complete the Action Team Interest Form
Connect with department DEI groups
Several academic departments also have diversity, equity, and inclusion committees. Contact your department to find out how you can join.
- Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics (AEM)
- Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering (CEGE)
- Chemical Engineering and Materials Science (CEMS)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CS&E)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences (ESci)
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- History of Science Technology and Medicine (HSTM)