Office of the Associate Dean for Research
The College of Science and Engineering is a vibrant research enterprise. Research is carried out in 12 academic departments and their numerous research centers and labs and dozens of collegiate research centers and facilities.
As a member of the CSE leadership team, the Associate Dean for Research promotes the health and growth of the college’s research enterprise and the vitality of its innovation portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include:
- facilitating organizational and institutional support for major research initiatives and proposals
- negotiating and approving faculty set-up and matching funds
- managing indirect cost allocations to units, and research cost-sharing
- overseeing CSE’s research compliance, and certified approvers
- overseeing responsible research conduct, ethics, and safety
- approving proposal routing forms (PRFs) and other research funding requests
- serving as point of contact for conflict of interest management
- approving Reports of External Activities (REPAs) and Request for Consultant or Other Service Agreements (ROCs)
- overseeing the college's technology transfer, entrepreneurship activities, and industrial research relations
- representing the college in the University's Council of Research Associate Deans (CRAD), ASEE Research Council, and Big Ten+ Engineering Research Associate Deans Group
- overseeing major research centers, and supervising leadership of O&M funded research centers and facilities
- managing external reviews of CSE’s departments and research centers