Apply for the CSE Alumni Society Board
Interested in developing a stronger connection with CSE?
Consider joining the CSE Alumni Society Board! You will serve in an advisory capacity to the Dean in matters concerning CSE alumni. The board helps CSE staff to develop and organize a wide variety of opportunities for alumni to network with another alumni and current CSE students. Examples include company site visits, homecoming activities, brewery tours, networking events, the CSE Mentor Program, and student/alumni mixers.
Qualifications and time commitment:
University of Minnesota Alumni Association paid members who are graduates, faculty, former students, friends or graduate degree holders with majors related to science and engineering are eligible to apply.
All members are asked to make a yearly financial gift to the college in an amount that is personally meaningful to them. Participation requires approximately three to five hours per month, including attending board meetings three times a year and serving on at least one board committee.
Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible to serve two consecutive terms.
- Understand the mission of the CSE Alumni Society and represent the society to alumni and the general public.
- Attend society board meetings.
- Attend and volunteer at society-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Chair, co-chair, or serve on at least one of the board’s committees. Carry out the duties of that committee.
- Serve as an advocate for the college and the University during legislative sessions.
- Recommend candidates to serve as at-large board members to the society’s nominating committee.
Current board members are:
- Kyle Abraham (CompE M.S. ’07)
- Amy Anderson (CSci ’87)
- Kari Baltutis Vokes (ME ’10)
- Don Craighead (ME ’57)
- Rob Graber (CSci ’86)
- Michael Haggerty (GeoE, Geology ’01, M.S. ’05)
- Brad Hill (ChemE ’01)
- David Holt (BME ’10), Chair
Tom Jensen (ME ’73)
- Adrienne Kelsey (ME ’99)
- Mary Kurth (Physics ’72)
- Pat McGuire (ME ’81)
- Trevor Peterson (BBE ’12)
Alicia Pierskalla (Math ’10, M.S. Ed. ’14)
- Alyssa Radosevich (ISyE '17)
- Stephen Ruiz (MatSci ’13)
- Alyssa Sandholm (BME '14)
- Steve Savitt (EE ’71, CSci Ph.D. ’92)
- Jeff Schott (ChemE ’70, M.S. ’74, Ph.D. ’78)
- Eric Snustad (AEM ’94)
- Ellen Sorenson (CSci ’81, MSSE ’88)
- Jerry Sosinske (EE ’78)
- Raja Suresh (EE M.S. ’75, Ph.D. ’79)
- Greg Twaites (CSci ’85)
If you are interested in becoming a board member, please contact Alumni Relations director Joelle Larson at 612-626-1802 or email@example.com.