Upcoming alumni events
Mechanical Engineering Alumni Network Musical Instruments Tour
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022
4 Williams Wood Rd.
Mahtomedi, MN 551155
Please join us for a Mechanical Engineering Alumni Network gathering at the home of Emeritus Professor Tom Kuehn (ME ’71 B.S., ’73 M.S., ’76 Ph.D.) to tour his mechanical musical instruments museum and workshop.
15th Annual Misel Family Lecture: "How Our Universe Was Made: All from Nothing"
Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022
McNamara Alumni Center, Memorial Hall
The lecture will be presented by Professor Carlos Fenk of the Institute for Computational Cosmology, Durham University.
Cosmology addresses some of the most fundamental questions in science. How and when did our universe begin? What is it made of? How did galaxies and other structures form? A coherent picture of cosmic evolution, going back to a tiny fraction of a second after the Big Bang, is beginning to emerge. However, fundamental issues, like the identity of the dark matter and the nature of the dark energy, remain unresolved. To read the full lecture abstract visit the Misel Lecture event webpage.
For CSE community resources during the pandemic, visit our COVID-19 response webpage.
Photos of past events:
- 2019 CSE 50-Year Reunion and Golden Medallion Society Reunion
- 2018 CSE 50-Year Reunion and Golden Medallion Society Reunion
- 2017 CSE 50-Year Reunion and Golden Medallion Society Reunion
- 2016 CSE Alumni Homecoming Celebration
- 2016 CSE 50-Year Reunion and Golden Medallion Society Reunion
- 2015 CSE Alumni Homecoming Celebration
- 2015 CSE 50-Year Reunion and Golden Medallion Society Reunion
- 2014 CSE Alumni Homecoming Celebration
- 2014 CSE 50-Year Reunion and Golden Medallion Society
- 2014 Leadership Celebration
Find other alumni photos on the CSE Flickr album.
- Inside the Minnesota Robotics Institute (MnRI): Nov. 9, 2021
Watch the MnRI behind-the-scenes webinar
- Minnesota Institute for Astrophysics (MIfA) Public Lecture: Nov. 3, 2021
"New Science from Merging Neutron Stars"
Watch the November 2021 MIfA Public Lecture
- CSE Three-Minute Thesis Competition: Oct. 21, 2021
Watch the Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- CSE Public Lecture - Polymers can do wonders: From vaccine delivery to cancer therapy: Oct. 19, 2021
Watch the October 2021 CSE Public Lecture
- From First Place to Space: How the UMN Rocket Team is Igniting Careers in STEM: Sept. 23, 2021
Watch the UMN Rocket Team webinar
- CSE Public Lecture: April 14, 2021
"Curiosity Drives Progress: Giants of Earth and Space"
Watch the April 2021 CSE Public Lecture
- Minnesota Institute for Astrophysics (MIfA) Public Lecture: March 23, 2021
“Galaxy Clusters: Nature’s Giant Magnifying Glasses"
Watch the March 2021 MIfA Public Lecture
- Inside the Earl E. Bakken Medical Devices Center: March 9, 2021
Watch the Bakken Medical Devices Center webinar
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB): How CSE Students are Making a Difference: Feb. 10, 2021
Watch the EWB webinar
- From Lab to Market: How Cell Preservation Research Became BlueCube Bio: Jan. 13, 2021
Watch the BlueCube Bio webinar
- CSE Public Lecture: Oct. 8, 2020
Watch the October 2020 CSE Public Lecture
- Behind the Scenes at St. Anthony Falls Laboratory (SAFL): Sept. 24, 2020
Watch the SAFL behind-the-scenes webinar
- Virtual Tour of Eolos Wind Energy Research Station: June 25, 2020
Watch the Eolos virtual tour
- CSE Alumni and Friends Virtual Town Hall: June 18, 2020
Watch the Virtual Town Hall recording
- Dean's Lunch and Learn: May 28, 2020
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Watch the Dean's Lunch and Learn recording
- CSE Public Lecture: Nov. 21, 2019
Watch the November 2019 CSE Public Lecture
- CSE Public Lecture: April 9, 2019
"Curiosity Drives Progress: Sustainability and the Environment"
Watch the April 2019 CSE Public Lecture
- CSE Public Lecture: Sept. 20 2018
"Curiosity Drives Progress: Enabling Technologies"
Watch the September 2018 CSE Public Lecture
- CSE Public Lecture: June 12, 2018
"Curiosity Drives Progress: Enhancing Safety and Security"
Watch the June 2018 CSE Public Lecture
- CSE Public Lecture: March 22, 2018
"Curiosity Drives Progress: Advancing Human Health"
Watch the March 2018 CSE Public Lecture
Watch Dean’s Lunch and Learns, faculty and student presentations, lectures, and more on the CSE YouTube channel Alumni Virtual Programs playlist.