Bioproducts and biosystems engineering
This major prepares you to create sustainable solutions that address societal needs while protecting the environment. You will focus on biological, renewable, natural resources, and systems to address our growing global need for clean energy, water, air, green materials, and safe and secure food. Closely aligned with employer demand, this accredited program offers excellent career opportunities in industry, government agencies, corporations, and consulting firms.
- Process or project engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Food engineer
- Ecological engineer
- Bioprocessing engineer
- Product development engineer
- Research engineer
- Water resources engineer
- Consulting engineer
What will I study?
The curriculum integrates engineering, biology, and chemistry in a variety of applications. You may specialize in one of three areas:
- Bioproducts engineering—Design and develop sustainable processes and products, including renewable and clean energy, renewable materials, and biochemicals
- Environmental and ecological engineering—Explore, develop, and implement effective systems and sound solutions to address human impact on our natural environment
- Food engineering—Create processes and systems to address the world’s growing need for food security, food safety, and healthy lives
The Bachelor of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.