Francis KulackiProfessor, Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. 1971, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
M.S. 1966, Gas Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
B.S. 1963, Mechanical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Natural convection heat transfer: Buoyancy driven flow with internal energy generation
- Heat transfer in porous media: Properties and transport in saturated media
- Boiling in disperse suspensions: Pool boiling and flow boiling
- Energy systems analysis: Large-scale energy budge projections
- Frost/defrost mechanisms and transport
- Embedded thermal management of electronic devices and systems
|Heat and Mass Transfer Laboratory||ME 351|
Honors and Awards
- ASME Life Fellow
- Fellow, American Association for Advancement of Science.
- ASME Heat Transfer Memorial Award
- ASME E. F. Church Award
- Distinguished Alumnus, Department of Mechanical, Materials and Aeronautical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
- ASME Heat Transfer Division, 75th Anniversary Medal
- ASME Dedicated Service Award
- George W. Taylor Distinguished Service Award, College of Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Roll of Honor of Polish Science
- Who’s Who in American Education, 1992
- Janssen D, Mohs, W, Kulacki, FA, 2016, Frost Layer Growth Based on High Resolution Image Analysis. ASME J Therm Sci Engrg Appl 8(2), 011018-021018-12.
- Janssen D, Kulacki FA, 2017, Flow Boiling of Dilute Emulsions. Int J Heat Mass Trans 115:1000-1007.
- Cheng S, Fu M, Wang M, Kulacki, FA, 2018, The influence of the tube wall on fluid flow, permeability and streaming potential in a transducer for liquid curricular angular accelerometers, Sensors Actuators-A Physical 276:175-185.
- Kulacki FA (Ed.), 2018, Handbook of Thermal Science and Engineering, Springer Nature, ISBN 978-3-319-28573-3
- Liu Y, Kulacki FA, 2018, The Effect of Surface Wettability on the Defrost Process, Springer Briefs in Engineering and Applied Science, Springer, New York.