Steven GirshickKenneth T. Whitby Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Honors and Awards
- Kenneth T. Whitby Professor of Mechanical Engineering, 2012-
- Editor-in-Chief, Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, 2005-2014
- Director, High Temperature and Plasma Laboratory, 2005-2017
- ME Director of Graduate Studies, 2000-2006 and 2014-2015
- Plasma Chemistry Award, 2005
- UMN Best Director of Graduate Studies Award, 2005
- Founding President, International Plasma Chemistry Society, 2000-2003
- Hawley Seminar Award, Stanford, 1984
- Boit Prize for Writing, MIT, 1970
- S. L. Girshick and C.-P. Chiu, “Kinetic Nucleation Theory: A New Expression for the Rate of Homogeneous Nucleation from an Ideal Supersaturated Vapor,” Journal of Chemical Physics 93, 1273-1277 (1990).
- N. P. Rao, N. Tymiak, J. Blum, A. Neuman, H. J. Lee, S. L. Girshick, P. H. McMurry and J. Heberlein, “Hypersonic Plasma Particle Deposition of Nanostructured Silicon and Silicon Carbide,” Journal of Aerosol Science 29, 707-720 (1998).
- M. T. Swihart and S. L. Girshick, “Thermochemistry and Kinetics of Silicon Hydride Cluster Formation during Thermal Decomposition of Silane,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B 103, 64-76 (1999).
- P. Agarwal and S. L. Girshick, “Numerical Modeling of the Spatiotemporal Behavior of an RF Argon-Silane Plasma with Dust Particle Nucleation and Growth,” Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing 34, 489-503 (2014).
- S. L. Girshick, “The Dependence of Homogeneous Nucleation Rate on Supersaturation,” Journal of Chemical Physics 141, 024307 (2014).