Professor, Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques (IHÉS); Université de Genève.
Professor, Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques (IHÉS); Université de Genève.
- 2013 – 2014 Assistant Professor, Université de Genève
- 2008 – 2012 PhD & Postdoc, Université de Genève (supervised by S. Smirnov)
- 2006 – 2008 École Normale Supérieure de Paris. Agrégation de mathématiques
- 2006 – 2007 Master, Université Paris XI
- 2003 – 2005 MPSI and MP? (preparatories classes), Lycée Louis-Le-Grand, Paris
Publications & Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2022 Fields Medal
- 2019 Dobrushin prize
- 2019 Member of Academia Europaea
- 2018 Invited speaker (session Probability and session Mathematical Physics), ICM Rio
- 2017 Loeve Prize
- 2017 Grand Prix Jacques Herbrand de l’Académie des Sciences
- 2017 New Horizons Prize in Mathematics
- 2016 Prize of the European Mathematical Society
- 2015 Early Career Award of the International Association of Mathematical Physics
- 2015 Cours Peccot du Collège de France
- 2013 Oberwolfach Prize
- 2012 Rollo Davidson Prize (joint with V. Beffara)
- 2012 Vacheron-Constantin Prize
- Marginal triviality of the scaling limits of critical 4D Ising and ϕ 4 4 models with M. Aizenman, to appear in Annals of Mathematics, arXiv:1912.07973 (53 pages).
- Discontinuity of the phase transition for the planar random-cluster and Potts models with q > 4 with M. Gagnebin, M. Harel, I. Manolescu and V. Tassion, to appear in Annales de l’École Normale Supérieure, arXiv:1611.09877 (43 pages).
- Planar random-cluster model: fractal properties of the critical phase with I. Manolescu and V. Tassion, to appear in Probability Theory and Related Fields, arXiv:2007.14707 (40 pages).
- Renormalization of crossing probabilities in the planar random-cluster model with V. Tassion, to appear in Dobrushin’s volume of Moscow Mathematical journal, arXiv:1901.08294 (20 pages).
- Existence of phase transition for percolation using the Gaussian Free Field with S. Goswami, A. Raoufi, F. Severo and A. Yadin, to appear in Duke mathematical journal, arXiv:1806.07733 (17 pages).
- Upper bounds on the percolation correlation length with G. Kozma and V. Tassion, to appear in a special volume in memory of Vladas Sidoravicius published in Birkhauser series "Progress in Probability", arXiv:1901.08294 (20 pages).
- Macroscopic loops in the loop O(n) model at Nienhuis’ critical point with A. Glazman, R. Peled and Y. Spinka, to appear in Journal of European Mathematical Society, arXiv:1707.09335 (26 pages).
- Universality of two-dimensional critical cellular automata with B. Bollobás, R. Morris and P. Smith, to appear in Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, arXiv:1406.6680 (69 pages).
- Subcritical phase of d-dimensional Poisson-Boolean percolation and its vacant set with A. Raoufi and V. Tassion, Annales Henri Lebesgue, 3, 677–700, 2020.
- Dimerization and Néel order in different quantum spin chains through a shared loop representation with M. Aizenman and S. Warzel, Annales Henri Poincaré D, 21, 2737–2774, 2020.
- On the number of maximal paths in directed last-passage percolation with Harry Kesten, Fedor Nazarov, Yuval Peres and Vladas Sidoravicius, Annals of Probability, 48(5), 2176–2188, 2020.
- Exponential decay of truncated correlations for the Ising model in any dimension for all but the critical temperature with S. Goswami and A. Raoufi, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 374(2), 891–921, 2020.
- Bounding the number of self-avoiding walks: Hammersley-Welsh with polygon insertion with S. Ganguly, A. Hammond and I. Manolescu, Annals of Probability, 48(4), 1644–1692, 2020.
- A note on Schramm’s locality conjecture for random-cluster models with V. Tassion, Sojourns in Probability and Statistical Physics II, 123–134, 2019.
- Emergent Planarity in two-dimensional Ising Models with finite-range Interactions with Michael Aizenman, Vincent Tassion and Simone Warzel, Inventiones Mathematicae, 216(3), 661–743, 2019.
- On the double random current nesting field with Marcin Lis, Probability Theory and Related Fields, 175(3–4), 937–955, 2019.
- Exponential decay of connection probabilities for subcritical Voronoi percolation in R d with A. Raoufi and V. Tassion, Probability Theory and Related Fields, 173(1–2), 479–490, 2019.
- Minimal growth harmonic functions on lamplighter groups with I. Benjamini, G. Kozma and A. Yadin, New York Journal of Mathematics, 23, 833–858, 2017.
- The Internal Diffusion Limited Aggregation model with random starting point with I. Benjamini, G. Kozma and C. Lucas, Annales de l’Inst. H. Poincaré Probab. Statist., 56(1), 391–404, 2020.
- Sharp phase transition for the random-cluster and Potts models via decision trees with A. Raoufi and V. Tassion, Annals of Mathematics, 189(1), 2019.
- Higher order corrections for anisotropic bootstrap percolation with A. C. D. van Enter and T. Hulshof, Probability Theory and Related Fields, 172(1–2), 191–243, 2018.
- The box-crossing property for critical two-dimensional oriented percolation with V. Tassion and A. Teixeira, Probability Theory and Related Fields, 171(3–4), 685–708, 2018.
- Brochette percolation with M. Hilario, G. Kozma and V. Sidoravicius, Israel Journal of Mathematics, 225(1), 479–501, 2018.
- A new computation of the critical point for the planar random-cluster model with q ≥ 1 with A. Raoufi and V. Tassion, Annales de l’IHP, 54(1), 422–436, 2018.
- The sharp threshold for the Duarte model with B. Bollobás, R. Morris and P. Smith, Annals of Probability, 45(6B), 4222–4272, 2017.
- Universality for the random-cluster model on isoradial graphs with J.-H. Li and I. Manolescu, Electronic Journal of Probability, 23(96), 1–70, 2018.
- Continuity of the phase transition for planar random-cluster and Potts models with 1 ≤ q ≤ 4 with V. Sidoravicius and V. Tassion, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 349(1), 47-107, 2017.
- A new proof of the sharpness of the phase transition for Bernoulli percolation on Z d with V. Tassion, Enseignement Mathématique, 62(1/2), 199–206, 2016.
- Conformal invariance of crossing probabilities for the Ising model with free boundary conditions with C. Hongler and S. Benoist, Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré, 52(4), 1784–1798, 2016.
- Exponential decay of loop lengths in the loop O(n) model with large n with R. Peled, W. Samotij and Y. Spinka, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 349(3), 777– 817, 2017.
- A new proof of the sharpness of the phase transition for Bernoulli percolation and the Ising model with V. Tassion, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 343(2), 725–745, 2016.
- A quantitative Burton-Keane estimate under strong FKG condition with D. Ioffe and Y. Velenik, Annals of Probability, 44(5), 3335–3356, 2016.
- On the critical parameters of the q > 4 random-cluster model on isoradial graphs with V. Beffara and S. Smirnov, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 48(48), 484003, 2015.
- The phase transitions of the planar random-cluster and Potts models with q ≥ 1 are sharp with I. Manolescu, Probability Theory and Related Fields, 164(3), 865–892, 2016.
- On the probability that self-avoiding walks ends at a given point with A. Glazman, A. Hammond and I. Manolescu, Annals of Probability, 44(2), 955–983, 2016.
- Absence of infinite cluster for critical Bernoulli percolation on slabs with V. Sidoravicius and V. Tassion, Communications in Pure and Applied Math, 69(7), 1397–1411, 2016.
- Crossing probabilities in topological rectangles for the critical planar FK-Ising model with D. Chelkak and C. Hongler, Electronic Journal of Probability, 21(1), 1–28, 2016.
- Disorder, entropy and harmonic functions with I. Benjamini, G. Kozma and A. Yadin, Annals of Probability, 43(5), 2332–2373, 2015.
- Random Currents and Continuity of Ising Model’s Spontaneous Magnetization with M. Aizenman and V. Sidoravicius, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 334, 719–742, 2015.
- The critical fugacity for surface adsorption of self-avoiding walks on the honeycomb lattice is 1 + √ 2 with N. Beaton, M. Bousquet-Mélou, J. De Gier and A. Guttmann, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 326(3), 727–754, March 2014. (Gavin Brown Prize from the Australian Mathematical Society 2018).
- The near-critical planar FK-Ising model with C. Garban and G. Pete, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 326, 1–35, 2014.
- Supercritical self-avoiding walks are space-filling with G. Kozma and A. Yadin, Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré , 50(2), 315–326, 2014.
- Seven-dimensional forest fires with D. Ahlberg, G. Kozma and V. Sidoravicius, Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré , 51(3), 862– 866, 2015.
- Convergence of Ising interfaces to Schramm’s SLE curves with D. Chelkak, C. Hongler, A. Kemppainen and S. Smirnov, Comptes Rendus Mathematiques, 352(2), 157–161, 2014.
- On the Gibbs states of the noncritical Potts model on Z 2 with L. Coquille, D. Ioffe and Y. Velenik, Probability Theory and Related Fields 158(1–2), 477–512, 2014.
- Limit of the Wulff Crystal when approaching criticality for site percolation on the triangular lattice Electronic Communications in Probability, 18(93), 1–9, 2013.
- Self-avoiding walk is sub-ballistic with A. Hammond, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 324(2), 401–423, 2013.
- The critical temperature for the Ising model on planar doubly periodic graphs with D. Cimasoni, Electronic Journal of Probability, 18(44), 1–18, 2013.
- Containing Internal Diffusion Limited Aggregation with C. Lucas, A. Yadin and A. Yehudayoff, Electronic Communications in Probability, 18(50), 1–8, 2013.
- Sharp metastability threshold for an anisotropic bootstrap percolation model with A. C. D. Van Enter, Annals of Probability, 41(3A), 1218–1242, 2013.
- The self-dual point of the two-dimensional random-cluster model is critical for q ≥ 1 with V. Beffara, Probability Theory and Related Fields, 153(3), 511–542, 2012.
- Divergence of the correlation length for critical planar FK percolation with 1 ≤ q ≤ 4 via parafermionic observables Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 45 494013, 26 pages, 2012.
- The connective constant of the honeycomb lattice equals p 2 + √ 2 with S. Smirnov, Annals of Mathematics, 175(3), 1653–1665, 2012.
- The sharp threshold for bootstrap percolation in all dimensions with J. Balogh, B. Bollobás and R. Morris, Transaction of the American Mathematical Society, 364, 2667–2701, 2012.
- Smirnov’s fermionic observable away from criticality with V. Beffara, Annals of Probability, 40(6), 2667–2689, 2012.
- Connection probabilities and RSW-type bounds for the FK Ising model with C. Hongler and P. Nolin, Communications in Pure and Applied Mathematics, 64(9), 1165–1198, 2011.
- Bridge decomposition of Restriction Measures with T. Alberts, Journal of Statistical Physics, 140, 467–493, 2010