Newly Hired Students
Congratulations on securing a co-op position! Many students find this time to be one of the most enjoyable and profitable of their undergraduate experience - and we’re excited to be joining you on that journey.
Below are the steps newly hired students need to follow.
1. Apply to the Co-op Program
- After you have accepted a co-op job offer, you need to apply to the Co-op Program via Handshake. Please refer to the application process instructions on this page. You will need your supervisor information and a copy of your job offer/position responsibilities.
2. Register for the Co-op Course
- Once your application is fully approved, the co-op office will email you a permission number to register for CSE 4896.
3. Submit the 13-credit Exemption Form
- The 13-credit Exemption Form ensures you are considered a full-time student throughout your co-op. More information can be found on the Credit Information page.
4. International Students
- International students, be sure to read the section on the required CPT authorization you need. You will not be able to begin employment until the CPT authorization is in hand. It is crucial to allow sufficient time for completing this process!
Health Insurance Policy
To participate in the Co-op Program, you must be either on the U's student health benefit plan or be insured privately. Read more at the Co-op's Health Insurance Guide.
Avoid Acting Prematurely
DO NOT drop any classes, purchase a car, sign a lease, or conduct any other major action related to the job until you have received and accepted the job offer and have been approved by the co-op office.