Arthur ErdmanRichard C. Jordan Professor, Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Honors and Awards
- 2017 ASME Savio L-Y. Woo Translational Biomechanics Medal
- 2017 University of Minnesota Entrepreneurship Faculty of the Year Award
- Minneapolis/ St. Paul Business Journal 2014 Titan of Technology
- Tekne Award in the “Innovative Collaboration of the Year”
- ASME Machine Design Award and the ASME Outstanding Design Educator Award
- Contributed to Chapter on "Stress Analysis of Partial Dentures" in book, Precision Attachments in Dentistry by Baker and Goodkind, C. V. Mosby Company; St. Louis, Missouri; 1979.
- "Belt Drives;" with R. Giese; Section of 5th Edition of Encyclopedia of Science and Technology; McGraw-Hill; 1981.
- "Facial and Dental Effect of Mandibular Rotation;" with R. J. Isaacson and B. Hultgren; chapter of book Craniofacial Biology; D. S. Carlson, editor; Monograph IV; Center for Human Growth and Development; University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, Michigan; pp. 235-269; 1981.
- "Double-Valued Solutions of the Euler-Savory Equation and Its Counterpart in Bobillier's Construction," with G. N. Sandor, one chapter of Recent Developments in Applied Mathematics, Rensselaer Press, 1983, pp. 248-254.
- "Computer-Aided Automatic Production of Dental Restorations," with E. Rekow, Proceedings of the Fourth Meeting of the European Society of Biomechanics, Davos, Switzerland, September 1984, and Biomechanics: Current Interdisciplinary Research, Editors Perrin and Schneider, Martin NcShoff Publisher, The Netherlands, Fall 1985, Chapter 39, pp. 289-294.
- “Pelvic Floor Dynamics During High-Impact Athletic Activities: A Computational Modeling Study”, with N Dias, Y, Peng, R Khavari, R Sweet, G Timm, T Boone and Y Zhang , ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, Paper # BIO-15-1669 – also abstract on www.UroToday.com 11/2016
- “Use of Virtual Reality for Pre-Surgical Planning in Separation of Conjoined Twins A Case Report”, with Juhnke, B., Mattson, A., Saltzman, D., Azakie, A., Hoggard E., Ambrose, M., Iaizzo, P., and Fischer, G., Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part H, Journal of engineering in medicine, 233(12), 1327-1332. PMID: 31554483 doi: 10.1177/0954411919878067
- “Lessons Learned from Kinematics Research Applied to Medical Device Design”, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, Annual Special Issue, February 2018, Volume 140, pages 021006–1, 15 pages.
- “Beneficial effects of spatial remapping for Reading with simulated central field loss”, with Anshul Gupta, J. Media, R. Smith, M Schatza, Stephen Engel, Frederik J van Kuijk, Aurelie Calabrese, and Gordon Legge. IOVS (Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science). Feb. 2018, Vol. 59, 8 pages.
- “Diagnostics as the Key to Advances in Global Health: Proposed Methods for Making Reliable Diagnostics Widely Available”, with D. Melander, Sudesh Sivarasu, Ibrahim Yekinni and Cheng Yunzhang, The Special Issue on Global Health of the ASME Journal of Medical Devices, paper #014702, Vol 14, March 2020.
- “Cardiac Patient-Specific Three-Dimensional Models as Surgical Planning Tools”, with Michael Bateman, William Durfee, Tinen Iles, Cindy Martin, Kenneth Liao and Paul Iaizzo, Journal of Surgery, Elsevier, 167, 259-261 2020.