David Y.H. PuiRegents Professor, LM Fingerson/TSI Chair, Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. 1976, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
M.S. 1973, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
B.S. 1970, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
ME Impact Areas
Environmental & Sustainability
- Aerosol and nanoparticle science and engineering.
- Particle instrumentation development and filtration solutions to air pollution control.
- Industrial applications of aerosol science & technology and nanoparticle engineering.
- Developing instrumentation for generating, sampling and measuring airborne particles.
|Particle Technology Laboratory (PTL)||ME 4130-4134 and L136|
|Center for Filtration Research (CFR)||ME 4130-4134 and L136|
- 2016 Member of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
- 2016 Honorary Professor, Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU)
- 2014 Distinguished Visiting Professor, The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
- 2013 Einstein Professor Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- 2010 Fuchs Memorial Award by American, German and Japanese aerosol associations
- 2009 Distinguished Visiting Professor, German Research Foundation (DFG)
- 2008 Inaugural Fellow of the American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR)
- 2006 President of International Aerosol Research Assembly (IARA)
- 2002 David Sinclair Award, American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR)
- 2002 Co-founder of Nanocopoeia, www.nanocopoeia.com
- 2000 President of American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR)
- 2000 Humboldt Research Award for Senior U.S. Scientists, Humboldt Foundation
- 1998 International Aerosol Fellow, International Aerosol Research Assembly (IARA)
- 1997 Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- 1993 Max Planck Research Award, Max Planck Society and Humboldt Foundation
- 1992 Smoluchowski Award, Gesellschaft fuer Aerosolforschung (GaeF)
- “The Effect of Filtered Nanoparticles on Gas Filtration Efficiency of Granular Activated Carbons,” with C.H. Kim, H. Lee, A. Juelfs, C.L. Haynes, Carbon 121:63-71
- “Cu-Ni Nanowire-based TiO2 Hybrid for the Dynamic Photodegradation of Acetaldehyde Gas Pollutant under Visible Light,” with S.Y. Zhu, X.F. Xie, S.C. Chen, S.R. Tong, G.H. Lu and J. Sun, Applied Surface Sci. 408:117-124
- “Perovskite LaFeO3-SrTiO3 Composite for Synergistically Enhanced NO Removal under Visible Light Excitation,” with Q. Zhang, Y. Huang, S.Q. Peng, Y.F. Zhang, Z.X. Zhen, J.J. Cao, W.K. Ho, S.C. Lee, Applied Catalysis B-Environmental 204:346-357
- “Pressure Drop, Penetration and Quality Factor of Filter Paper Containing Nanofibers,” with M. Tang, J. Hu, Y. Liang, Textile Research J. 87:498-508
- “Characterization of Nanosized Silica Size Standards,” with S. Kimoto, W.D. Dick, B. Hunt, W.W. Szymanski, P.H. McMurry, D.L. Roberts, Aerosol Sci. Technol. 51:936-945