Jeff TithofBenjamin Mayhugh Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Honors and Awards
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Award at the Scientific Interface (2019)
- 1st Place Video, University of Rochester Art of Science Competition (2018)
- University of Rochester Steadman Prize in Interdisciplinary Research (2017)
- H. Mestre, T. Du, A. M. Sweeney, G. Liu, A. J. Samson, W. Peng, K. N. Mortensen, F. F. Stæger, P. A. R. Bork, L. Bashford, E. R. Toro, J. Tithof, D. H. Kelley, P. G. Hjorth, E. A. Martens, R. I. Mehta, O. Solis, P. Blinder, D. Kleinfeld, H. Hirase, Y. Mori, M. Nedergaard. “Cerebrospinal fluid influx drives acute ischemic tissue swelling.” Science 367 (2020).
- J. Tithof, D. H. Kelley, H. Mestre, M. Nedergaard, and J. H. Thomas. “Hydraulic resistance of periarterial spaces in the brain.” Fluids Barriers CNS 16 (2019): 19.
- H. Mestre, J. Tithof, T. Du, W. Song, W. Peng, A. M. Sweeney, G. Olveda, J. H. Thomas, M. Nedergaard, and D. H. Kelley. “Flow of cerebrospinal fluid is driven by arterial pulsations and is reduced in hypertension.” Nature Commun. 9 (2018): 1-9.
- J. Tithof, B. Suri, R. K. Pallantla, R. O. Grigoriev, and M. F. Schatz. “Bifurcations in a quasi-two-dimensional Kolmogorov-like flow.” J. Fluid Mech. 828 (2017): 837–866.
- B. Suri, J. Tithof, R. O. Grigoriev, and M. F. Schatz. “Forecasting Fluid Flows Using the Geometry of Turbulence.” Phys. Rev. Lett. 118 (2017): 114501.