Kim StelsonCollege of Science and Engineering Distinguished Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Honors and Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa (1973)
- Tau Beta Pi (1973)
- N.S.F. Fellow (1974-77)
- Terman Award (Stanford University, 1974)
- Outstanding Teacher Award (Institute of Technology, University of Minnesota, 1983 &
- Presidential Young Investigator Award (N.S.F., 1985)
- Young Engineer of the Year Award (Minnesota Chapter, A.S.M.E., 1985)
- North American Manufacturing Research Institute (S.M.E., 1986)
- Sigma Xi (1986)
- Dow Award (A.S.E.E., 1987)
- Visiting Senior Lecturer (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 1992-93).
- Visiting Associate Professor (University of Auckland, 1996)
- Rudolf Kalman Award for best paper in the Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement
- and Control (A.S.M.E.; 1997, 2005)
- Visiting Professor (University of Bath, 2001-02)
- A.A.A.S. Fellow (2002)
- Distinguished College of Science and Engineering Professor (University of Minnesota,
- Robert E. Koski Medal (A.S.M.E., 2016)
- A.S.M.E. Fellow (2018)
- Joseph Bramah Medal (I.Mech.E., 2018)
- Deppen, T. O., A. G. Alleyne, J. J. Meyer and K. A. Stelson, “Optimal Energy Use in a Light Weight Hydraulic Hybrid Passenger Vehicle,” to be published in Transactions of A.S.M.E., Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control.
- Wang, Y., Z. X. Sun and K. A. Stelson, “Modeling, Control and Experimental Validation of a Transient Hydrostatic Dynamometer,” I.E.E.E. Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 19, no. 6, Nov. 2011, pp. 1578-1586
- Secord, T. W., K. A. Stelson, and S. C. Mantell, “Scaling Analysis and a Critical Thickness Criterion for Thermosetting Composites,” Transactions of ASME, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 133, no. 1, Feb. 2011.
- Stelson, K. A., “Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power (CCEFP), A National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center, United States,” Journal of the Japan Fluid Power Society, Vol. 41, No. 1, Jan. 2010, pp. 60-63.
- Yu, X., R. Rajamani, K. A. Stelson and T. Cui, “Fabrication of Carbon Nanotube Based Transparent Conductive Films using Layer-by-layer Technique,” Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 202, No. 10, Feb. 15 2008, pp. 2002-2007.